Tg-201

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tg-201

I’m looking for info on a Hobart TG-201 tig plug wiring schematic. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by minzaracer; 03-30-2019, 10:06 PM.

Welcome aboard.....

Did you try looking here for manual on your machine....

https://www.hobartwelders.com/support/manuals-and-parts

Dale
    Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

Plug wiring? Without even knowing that model, is there a reason to suspect it will different than any other welder? Can you tell us what you have and are trying to do with it? A pic would just be a bonus.

Comment

According to the manual there is a 5 pin plug that goes where the foot pedal plugs in to the welder. I accidentally broke the wires in the plug that goes to the tig pedal assy. Thinking the plug separated. According to forums on the internet the plug lets the welder stick weld and you remove it and attach the foot pedal to tig weld. I’m needing to make a plug for the bypass and I’m also needing to rewire the foot pedal plug.

Comment

Comment

If plug is standard amphenol, find part number (spec number on plug) and order new one from someplace Allied Electonics.... Can't help with wiring though as I am not familiar with your welder.....

Dalel
            Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

A and B are the remote on/off switch, C, D and E are the remote rheostat. E high, D wiper and C low(common).

Comment

Thanks , I’m still needing a schematic for making a bypass plug.

Comment

When crossing over pins A&B it causes the welder to trip the breaker.

Comment

What size service breaker do you have?

Comment

It’s 50 amp. It’s more like the welder is fighting itself.

Comment

When you close A and B you are energizing a contactor that applies power to the main power transformer. Does it do it whether you are in AC as well as DC output?

Comment

Yes when A&B are crossed

Comment

OK, after looking at the unit a little closer the main diodes are across the main transformer secondary prior to the polarity switch. Since that is the case, isolate the main diodes on the output rectifier and see if one of them or more are shorted.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
                              X