Now The Format Is Being Corrupted!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now The Format Is Being Corrupted!

Up till recently, when I linked with the forum, I got the full page version, rather than the half-size version which guests get. Now I get nothing but the half page version. What is the webmaster doing, and how do we complain directly, and get an answer?

I just logged out and viewed as a guest. I don't know what you mean by a "half-page version."

I did discover a bug, though. As a guest, when attempting to use the "Today's Posts" link, it takes you to the Search page for a Captcha. But after that, it wants search criteria, having forgotten you were clicking on "Today's Posts." Even after a successful Captcha, it does the same thing. I guess guests don't get a working "Today's Posts" option.

Additionally, on the trailer repair thread, when I loaded it using the "New Topics" symbol link , it bounced from top of page to bottom of page and back and forth for several iterations before settling on the new post at the bottom. This is while I was logged in.

And since I'm on the subject, I hate the instantaneous feature of the misnamed "New Topics" link. Previously, and on other forums, even after visiting a thread recently, it would still appear on the "New Posts" results page for quite some time. This was very useful for going back to that thread for editing or after remembering something to add. But, now if you didn't notice which subforum it was in, you'll have to check them individually, and I'm never good at guessing the same subforum that the OP used. It's kind of a pain in the butt.
    Last edited by MAC702; 05-07-2018, 11:52 AM.

Comment

I wrote a lengthy reply, but because I'm **** about punctuation and spelling and added a few more thoughts a couple times, I've exceeded the edit flag and now my "potential spam" post is awaiting moderator approval. Sorry. Short, relevant version: even when viewing as a guest, I don't get a "half-page version."

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
        I wrote a lengthy reply, but because I'm **** about punctuation and spelling and added a few more thoughts a couple times, I've exceeded the edit flag and now my "potential spam" post is awaiting moderator approval. Sorry. Short, relevant version: even when viewing as a guest, I don't get a "half-page version."
        This is what it looks like- an image that uses only !/2 of the screen. I would appreciate anyone's advice to get back to the full screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Northweldor View Post

This is what it looks like- an image that uses only !/2 of the screen. I would appreciate anyone's advice to get back to the full screen.
          Mine always looks like that, what am I missing.......

Dale
          Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale M. View Post

Mine always looks like that, what am I missing.......

Dale
            For 15 years, I got a display that filled the whole screen, except when I didn't log in.

Comment

Mine always has the big margins on the side. I assume because the website is designed for what monitors looked like 20 years ago and can't adjust the wrap automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
                Mine always has the big margins on the side. I assume because the website is designed for what monitors looked like 20 years ago and can't adjust the wrap automatically.
                The problem with the above is that I was getting the full screen format up to a few weeks ago.

Comment

Keith, is there any way to obtain a full-screen format, and, are any complaints getting through to the web-master?

Comment

This has been brought to the webmasters attention. I have asked them to resolve directly as this is outside my area of expertise.
                    Keith

Comment

Here is a response from the web admin....

"Regarding the 'half page version' I'm assuming they are starting to notice the change that just went live with the header living on vBulletin as opposed to it being iframed within hobartwelders.com, correct? If so, I believe that is intentional and not a bug.”

The width of the forum now matches the width of the HobartWelders site – this is something we had to do in order to keep the HobartWelders navigation bar at the top of the forum at all times so that people are able to navigate between the two more naturally."

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Hobart Expert Keith View Post
                        Here is a response from the web admin....

"Regarding the 'half page version' I'm assuming they are starting to notice the change that just went live with the header living on vBulletin as opposed to it being iframed within hobartwelders.com, correct? If so, I believe that is intentional and not a bug.”

The width of the forum now matches the width of the HobartWelders site – this is something we had to do in order to keep the HobartWelders navigation bar at the top of the forum at all times so that people are able to navigate between the two more naturally."

Keith
                        Thanks, Keith. I know this is not your responsibility. I still don't understand, since hobart welders.com is still full page, but I have no idea what iframing is either!
                        Last edited by Northweldor; 05-14-2018, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Here is a response from the web team...
                          "Thank you for your comment, we appreciate all feedback. Recently, vBulletin was upgraded to accommodate new security features, and the navigation was affected. The width of the forum matches the width of Hobartwelder.com. We are sorry for the inconvenience and have logged your issue with your web development for future enhancements."

Keith

Comment

"Thank you for your comment, we appreciate all feedback. Recently, vBulletin was upgraded to accommodate new security features, and the navigation was affected. The width of the forum matches the width of Hobartwelder.com. We are sorry for the inconvenience and have logged your issue with your web development for future enhancements."

Keith
                            What about all the other issues???

Dale
                            Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

Keith
                              Web team:
                              The width of the forum does NOT match the the width of the Hobart site or the Miller site, to which your link directed me. Please make this happen now, rather than in the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X