Handler 187 problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handler 187 problems

Hello. I have a HH187 that continuously spools wire off the roll and doesn't stop unless I hit the trigger. Anyone have any ideas?

It sounds to me like your trigger assembly is sticking, when you are welding with it you probably are not holding the trigger in all the way just to the point where it is sticking, then when you hit the trigger to stop the wire you are probably pulling it all the way in. I had problems like that with one of my welders took the gun apart and cleaned it no more problem

Comment

Awesome. Thanks. What is the best way of cleaning that trigger? To be honest with you, I haven't dealt with anything welder or electrical since high school.

Comment

Originally posted by JDester View Post
        Awesome. Thanks. What is the best way of cleaning that trigger? To be honest with you, I haven't dealt with anything welder or electrical since high school.
        Attack it with fill force via screwdriver... Its quite simple really just a outer shell with a switch inside shell with two wire attached....

IN this document, check page 27 it shows how to disassembly gun and check things out....

https://www.hobartwelders.com/om/6di...28187b_hob.pdf

Ironically the same manual is used for a welder with H10 and the H100S2-10 gun...

Dale
        Last edited by Dale M.; 02-20-2018, 09:32 PM.
        Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

Working...
        X