Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important message from the forum administration!
    Dear, a39trucker;John56;JohnJ;Johnny Ringo;senorpablo!

A virus alert was noticed on your computer. etc. etc.

My anti-virus didn't like the site, however it did ask for send receipt of message. Am I screwed if I clicked on send?

Comment

Originally posted by John56 View Post
      Important message from the forum administration!
      Dear, a39trucker;John56;JohnJ;Johnny Ringo;senorpablo!

A virus alert was noticed on your computer. etc. etc.

My anti-virus didn't like the site, however it did ask for send receipt of message. Am I screwed if I clicked on send?
      yes what part of SCAM didn't you understand, The forum admin doesn't send out 5 or 6 e mails at a time. And as far as I know they don't check for viruses on computers that are using this site!

People have to start reading the threads before posting
      Originally posted by Hobart Expert Keith
      To all members:

This spammer has been banned. This user was banned last week and there will be no more new messgaes sent from this spammer. Any notices you may get would be older PM's that were sent out prior to the ban, possibly held up by your service provider. We assure you that we monitor this site on a regular basis along with our administrators.

If you do get one of the messages please do not visit any links or reply to the message.

Hobart Expert Keith
      As with this one most of the messages from the forum are posted in threads, or as a notice banner!

get some name brand recognized blocker and anti-virus ware. Not from some stuff that pops up when you go to a site, And if you get email that you don't know who or were it from. Its a spam/scam or Trojan/spyware.
      glen, been there, done that and probably broke it!If you aren't on the edge. You'r taking up to much room

Comment

Virus warning

I also received the now infamous "virus warning" on 2/11. I did click the "read receipt", then read the first thread by Markball2. I did not visit the website as the message directed, and after reading the post by Markball2, I did a virus scan with AVG, which came up clean. I have since done another scan, which was also had clean results. Was clicking on the "read receipt" really that dangerous? I haven't had any problems since then. Now you've got me worried.
        Nctox
        Stickmate LX 235/AC 160/DC
        HH 210

Comment

Scam

I just received it today. How does this A** get access to this forum??

Comment

fool me once

just got thru that today got the same message it took a while to delete everything but my virus scanner helped it would be nice to be able to meet these hackers in person i could show them what im good at

Comment

I got one of the first messages this guy sent. I spotted it right off the bat and replied to him with "How about a rousing game of hide and go fuk yourself"

Everyday I feel two things, how smart I am compared to the actions of my fellow human beings and how stupid I am based on the results of some of my own actions.
              Bill Lambert
              Argon Welding
              ABQ NM

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

Comment

received it myself.
                clicked the link, and my browser/windows/google (whoever it is) has blocked the site, as it is a reported attack site and has infected their test machine with viruses/worms/whatever.

and my spyware software gives me a clean bill of health (about the only GOOD news about my computer)
                Always assume every project you take on will take twice as long and cost three times as much as you estimate.

Comment

I suggest Postini (by Goggle). I run Postini 24/7/365. It screens all my incoming mail and alows me to pre read it on their site and keep or delete it at my discretion. A necessary option when you own a .com site. and deal worldwide.
                  So little time...So many machine tools.........
                  www.flipmeisters.com

Miller, Hobart & Lincoln TIG/MIG/-
                  Hypertherm Plasma (Thanks Jim)
                  Plasma-Cam DHC (coming shortly)
                  Harris OA
                  Too many motorcycles.............-
                  sigpic

Comment

I am new and just signed up ! Been looking for a good welder and have liked what I have seen with the Hobart Welders so far and everyone I talked to told me they are the BEST that welder for the money that you can buy !

OK , That is more than a scam ! I received that as a pop up about a year ago . If you make that really dumb mistake and click on it , your system will be infected with a Trojan virus and the pop up will mess you up big time ! You end up with having to buy their service and there is no way around it what so ever ! It will lock your computer up so you can't even get to the internet to get the virus fixed ! There was a way to get to the internet to fix it but took me and my wife about 4 hours just to find out what it was . Then we used her computer to find out what it was and how to fix it . It's an old virus that comes around about once a year or so . It was a really bad one to say the least . We did get it fixed and found ONLY 1 place that could fix it and remove it . The process took about 2 to 3 hours and took almost a week for it to get taken out of the computer HD !

SO be very cautious about these pop up ads saying that you can get a free scan of your computer . If you want a free scan , your computer has one already installed on it or just go and Google to get a good one for free . That's how I found out about the Trojan one I had . Google was how we found it and if you do get the virus Google the name of the ad to fix your problem . That is how we got mine fixed .

So when you see those pop up make sure you look over the pop up very closely and NEVER close it by their little "X" for closing the pop up. That is how it gets you ! Just close the pop up on your lower tool bar where the windows you have open it posted . Then just right click and close that way . That's the safest way to close those kind of pop up .

Good Luck to all and I hope I found a good for welding forum !

Jim

Comment

I wish that VIRUS would not attack on my system
                      I am a man of hope

Comment

That is certainly what I thought. But when i haven't been within this forum for a time, I still first got it. The other forums all said it absolutely was spam also.
                        buy proxy server

Comment

Originally posted by jenni
                          i enjoy these forum too..on this forum ,i can see the relate topics of my career.
                          TIG machines,MIG machines,MMA machines,plasma cutting machines,welder accessories all show in my shop.

Every day, we have many customers come and buy, and on loan...
                          Here, I hope every friends who deal with welding machine,have a good mood every day!!

Ironically we have a SPAMMER replying to a anti-spam thread....

Dale
                          "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

Ya think?

Let me guess, the less than stellar command of the language might be a giveaway???
                            So little time...So many machine tools.........
                            www.flipmeisters.com

Miller, Hobart & Lincoln TIG/MIG/-
                            Hypertherm Plasma (Thanks Jim)
                            Plasma-Cam DHC (coming shortly)
                            Harris OA
                            Too many motorcycles.............-
                            sigpic

Comment

Hi, I've said it before and I'll say it again......all new member with low scores should be quarantined and vetted to ensure they are posting genuine post and not some gibberish.

This would put the new poster at a disadvantage as being discriminated against unfairly, but statistically speaking it is 100% amongst the new posters who are the spammers, not the older registered members with many valid posts to their credit.

So how to seperate the wheat from the chaff......easy, only allow new registered posters to READ the posts and be recorded as having been on the forum for a minimum of 6 months (probation).......many guests just "lurk" on the forum as guests for years and only sign up then, so that's no big deal.

A spammer would not have the time or energy to stay on a forum to gain the credits for subsequent full membership.

It would narrow down the crap from the genuine article.
                              Ian.

Comment

Working...
                              X