TN Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TN Question

I've noticed a good number of TN residents at this fine site. How is Chattanooga overall ??? I know of numerous West Coasters who transplanted themselves to TN over the years and they all seem to enjoy it...I don't know anyone in Chattanooga though.

I lived in Nashville for 25 years, and loved middle Tennessee and the mid south. Really nice people, beautiful countryside. Its changed considerably from when I first went there in 1959, but still pretty good.. Nashville is simply too big for me, now.
    Chattanooga was always a pretty 'small town', but it seems that has changed also. Its in a good location to access the beautiful mountains of east Tennessee, and North Georgia.
    "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

012LDY,
      I live in Dalton, GA about 20 miles south of Chattanooga. Since Volkswagon is building a huge new plant on the west side of Chattanooga, their economy is doing much better than average. Dalton is the Carpet Capital of the World, and our economy is not doing as well due to the housing situation. However, residential carpet is improving, so hopefully we will see things get better.

Chattanooga and Northwest Georgia is a beautiful area with mountains, friendly people, and a good quality of life overall. Traditionally, jobs have been plentiful and I think we will get back to that soon.

Let me know if you would like more information.
      Burt

Miller 211AS
      Miller 375 plasma cutter
      Thunderbolt AC/DC
      10FtDrillBit.com

Comment

Hotfoot and Burt, I appreciate the in sight !

Comment

Originally posted by Hotfoot View Post
          I lived in Nashville for 25 years, and loved middle Tennessee and the mid south. Really nice people, beautiful countryside. Its changed considerably from when I first went there in 1959, but still pretty good.. Nashville is simply too big for me, now.
          Chattanooga was always a pretty 'small town', but it seems that has changed also. Its in a good location to access the beautiful mountains of east Tennessee, and North Georgia.
          Me too Hotfoot.

I was about a mile from the Saturn plant. Started in Green Hills, moved to South Nashville, then Brentwood and then Spring Hill. The open fields became subdivisions but the roads didn't get any wider. Waaay too many people.

Wyoming is much better.

012LDY, I have some friends in ChattyTown that I can hook you up with for some insight. White collar seems to be the big thing down there right now, but remember that six degrees of seperation thing.
          Lincoln Power MIG 140C Victor A/O
          Dewalt 14" Chop Saw IR 20gal 5hp Compressor
          Craftsman bench grinder, tabletop drill press

Carton of Common Sense: Medium
          Box of Experience: Small
          List of things to learn: Long!

Oh,, an old 360 Green Card and a 370 Yellow Green Card too..

Comment

Originally posted by 012LDY View Post
            I've noticed a good number of TN residents at this fine site. How is Chattanooga overall ??? I know of numerous West Coasters who transplanted themselves to TN over the years and they all seem to enjoy it...I don't know anyone in Chattanooga though.
            Chattanooga is a wonderful town to live in. I'm a bit biased as I've lived here all my life. Work is good and as some one else said Volkswagon is building a new plant here and should do nothing but make things better.We've got it all here. Ive been many places and always look forward to getting back to Chattanooga. Come on we'd love to have you.

Comment

Thanks for the input fine Sirs ! Have a safe and fun Labor Day weekend wherever you may be. Shawn

Comment

Working...
              X