Broken Side Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Side Door

Just bought a new 140 Handler, and the access door won't open. Did anyone else have this problem? I'd call but they're closed already.

This is not a good start haha.

Its a flush fit with the bottom of the unit, so make sure the unit is not tipped over towards that side, keeping it from opening. Try putting a block of wood under that side. It opens from the bottom, incidentally!
    "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

I've been playing with it, and have pulled it away from the body a bit. (gently)

The frame at the bottom looks to be bent, preventing the plastic slider from sliding all the way up. Also, the metal door is tweaked and as I've been moving it around, it seems like there are lose parts inside (rattling, I've seen one bolt rolling around the bottom.

Is any of this normal? I'm starting to strongly suspect Northern Tool sent me a used unit, and I am not happy at all about it.

Comment

..or United Parcel Smashers (UPS) dropped/tossed it off the truck. (Yes, it happens...and getting the claims settled is a long and frustrating process). Contact Northern Customer Service during the day, they will probably arrange a free pick-up and send you another unit. Hope you kept the box. Usually there is no sign of obvious damage on the outside (blunt force trauma). Be nice, but firm. You do not want that unit!
        "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

Working...
        X