rusting core wire and parts purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rusting core wire and parts purchase

The humidity is very high here for 6 months of the year. I didn{t hanle the wire spool properly and in 3 weeks of non use the wire rusted badly. I trying to use it I jammed the wire into the liner where it broke off inside.
    I couldn't fine a source here in Panama (country) and my supplier sold me a liner that was too thick. To make a short story of this, I buggered up the retaining nut. Now I need both and cannot find the nut on line anywhere.

This is for a Handler 125 EZ and H-9B Gun.

Any suggestions for getting the parts or keeping rust off the coils will be welcome.

Wendell

Any Miller dealer - local or online - should be able to order the parts for you. The liner Part # is 210-970, and the adjusting nut is 226-010. Finding one that will ship to Panama will probably be the larger challenge.
    Trailblazer 302 * Millermatic 212 * Syncrowave 180SD * X-Treme 12VS Feeder * Spoolmate 3035
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 Plasma * Lincoln 175 MIG

Victor Superrange II * Victor Journeyman

Hobart HH 125EZ

Comment

Thanks for answering . In doing a Google search for the nut I get 0 results. If you know of a reliable dealer that will take an order for shipping to my Miami forwarder, I will order.

Wendell

Comment

http://www.miller4less.com has it, it's 66 cents U.S. The liner is 12 bucks and some change.
        Trailblazer 302 * Millermatic 212 * Syncrowave 180SD * X-Treme 12VS Feeder * Spoolmate 3035
        Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 Plasma * Lincoln 175 MIG

Victor Superrange II * Victor Journeyman

Hobart HH 125EZ

Comment

Thanks a lot.
          Just ordered the parts. I had ordered them from the dealer here, 2 moths ago. nada.

Now about the rust :-)

Wendell

Comment

Originally posted by wkrause View Post
            Now about the rust :-)

hi

I have a MM140 -- basically the same size as your 'ez. It sits in the
            garage for weeks at a time without being used. We don't have quite
            as much humidity here in New England as you do down in Panama,
            but we get some (like now, in August ). Plus the
            hot and cold alternation can lead to condensation.

Anyway, I usually put the machine in a big plastic bag when I'm not
            using it. I used to use the bag that it was wrapped in when I bought
            it -- but that has long since been recycled... Now I use contractor-sized
            garbage bags. I do it primarily to keep bugs and other things from
            deciding to set up house keeping in the machine, and so that a random
            passerby won't see it's nice blue color and be tempted to take it home
            with him... BUT I've never noticed any rust on the wire. It might
            work for you too.

(Or when you're done welding, you could just remove the wire
            spool and put it in a ziploc bag with some silica packets)

Frank

Comment

Wraping the wire would be my first suggestion. Maybe a vacuum type deal could work well. Or you could try to store it in a dry place if you have access to one, but that seems to simple for you to have overlooked. My vote, wrap it up when you're done with it.
              Facility Welding Engineer
              Caterpillar

Comment

Thanks to all for your responses. Guess I was looking for a magic bullet like spraying with wd40 or something. I have been removing the spool to a warm place in order to drive off the moisture.

Thanks again,
                wendell

Comment

Working...
                X