• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dp-3035 spoolgun

I just got an ironman 210 and a spool gun
    where do i get the switch for going from mig
    to spoolgunconfused:
    LIFE IS SHORT,WELD NAKED.

The good news is that you can order it from any welding dealer who is a Miller or Hobart dealer.

The bad news is that if you really have a DP 3035, you have the wrong spoolgun, You need the regular 3035 for the IM 210. The DP version only fits the Handler 210.
    Trailblazer 302 * Millermatic 212 * Syncrowave 180SD * X-Treme 12VS Feeder * Spoolmate 3035
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 Plasma * Lincoln 175 MIG

Victor Superrange II * Victor Journeyman

Hobart HH 125EZ

Comment

spool gun trouble

thanks for the info. You would think the salesman would know this.
      but thats my luck. thanks again
      LIFE IS SHORT,WELD NAKED.

Comment

spoolgun trouble

That response is incorrect Zrexxer as I have the DP 3035 hooked to a HH140 and it works fine with the retrofit kit from any Hobart or Miller dealer. B&R Welding Equipment (brwelder.com) has that retro kit for $99.00

Comment

Originally posted by Jjj View Post
          That response is incorrect Zrexxer as I have the DP 3035 hooked to a HH140 and it works fine with the retrofit kit from any Hobart or Miller dealer. B&R Welding Equipment (brwelder.com) has that retro kit for $99.00
          That's nice. But he doesn't have an HH140, he has an Ironman 210, which is not covered by your aftermarket kit.

Further, Hobart has stated:

"This solution advertised by BR Weldling Supplies is not authorized by Hobart. Any modifications made to equipment as recommended by BR will void all Hobart and/or Miller warranties on the welder and spool gun."
          Trailblazer 302 * Millermatic 212 * Syncrowave 180SD * X-Treme 12VS Feeder * Spoolmate 3035
          Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 Plasma * Lincoln 175 MIG

Victor Superrange II * Victor Journeyman

Hobart HH 125EZ

Comment

The power pin configuration on the Handler 140 and the Ironman 210 are different. The DP3035 will only work on Handler 210 units.

spoolgun trouble

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            We do not advise or promote the use of this kit as it has not been tested by Hobart for use on these units.

Keith

Comment

Oops! You're absolutely right..Sorry i got lost in the thread while reading My HH140 went out of warranty last year so I thought it would be worth a shot...so far so good!
              Last edited by Jjj; 03-27-2009, 03:50 PM. Reason: forgot the last sentence

Comment

Welcome to the forums Footpeg, looks like I am just across the river from you on 47. Were you able to exchange the spoolgun for the 3035?
                Hobart IM210
                Lincoln 225 stick
                Hitachi chop saw
                Big 'ol Walker-Turner drill press w/ XY table
                8" x 12" HF lathe
                '86 Toyota 4WD welding rig with 10kw homebuilt Genset
                '76 M880 for the heavy stuff

--The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in
                half and put it back in your pocket.

Comment

Working...
                X