G-250 Throttle Soliniod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-250 Throttle Soliniod

I have aquired a G-250 was able to free brushes up replace reostat thanks to old fart and get motor running work a grinder and best of all strike an arch. The Throttle soliniod is no good and I do not know what kind of voltage goes to the soliniod. Could anyone tell me if there is a replacement and what the voltage is, was the soliniod normally open or closed?

Thanks Albert

I have aquired a G-250 was able to free brushes up replace reostat thanks to old fart and get motor running work a grinder and best of all strike an arch. The Throttle soliniod is no good and I do not know what kind of voltage goes to the soliniod. Could anyone tell me if there is a replacement and what the voltage is, was the soliniod normally open or closed?

Thanks Albert

Comment

What is the SPEC# of the G-250? Some of these older units used vacuum idle systems. Once I see the SPEC# I should know what you have.

Keith

Comment

G-250 spec. #

Originally posted by Hobart Expert Keith View Post
        What is the SPEC# of the G-250? Some of these older units used vacuum idle systems. Once I see the SPEC# I should know what you have.

Keith
        The spec. # you requested is 4940

Comment

This idle system was a vacuum device. The coil used to activate the Hobart Brothers built solenoid designed to take the voltage drop created by the weld coils in the generator to energize( 2-4Vdc) There are no retro kits that I am aware of or parts to fix this idle system. This was part of Hobart Brothers that was sold before ITW purchased the company in 1998.

Keith

Comment

g-250

When you say 2-4dcv does this mean when I start to weld I should read 2 to 4 dc volts across the two wires going to the solinoid?

Comment

Yes. That voltage will vary with relation to the amount of load on the weld output.

Keith

Comment

Working...
              X