Question who buys, gym shoes from, Ukrainia or electronic equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question who buys, gym shoes from, Ukrainia or electronic equipment

Question who buys, gym shoes from,Ukrainia or electronic equipment from China

After a number of years of removing the for sale posting on a forum and alerting moderators on others about the for sale posting.
    My questions still are what kind of computer person would buy from these ads. and send their personal banking info to a "SECURE SERVER" in some wide spot in the road in Russia!

And If you did get the items purchased and the was a problem what do you do to get them to correct it?

I'm assuming that if you are on the internet,you have been out from under your rock longer than a week. And have heard about the scams
    glen, been there, done that and probably broke it!If you aren't on the edge. You'r taking up to much room

your name isn't Phil by chance, is it? (haw)

Comment

??????????
      glen, been there, done that and probably broke it!If you aren't on the edge. You'r taking up to much room

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkinhead View Post
        your name isn't Phil by chance, is it? (haw)
        It couldn't be. A couple of the sentences made sense.
        Trailblazer 302 * Millermatic 212 * Syncrowave 180SD * X-Treme 12VS Feeder * Spoolmate 3035
        Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 Plasma * Lincoln 175 MIG

Victor Superrange II * Victor Journeyman

Hobart HH 125EZ

Comment

Originally posted by ptsideshow View Post
          As P.T. Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute".

Assuming you're question is serious...

And all they need is one... The costs of email are low, and
          the margins on their "products" are high. I recently saw a
          paper from some researchers at, I think, University of California
          at San Diego. They pretended to be spammers. They got a
          small response (less than 0.01% if I remember ight), but it
          still was enough to turn a profit on their "product" (if they
          were actually selling something -- the spam directed people
          to a web site that said "we're experiencing technical difficulties").

Frank

Comment

No, but I have a really good banking deal in the works with some super nice Nigerians.
            Ed Conley
            Screaming Broccoli, Inc
            http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
            MM252
            MM211
            Miller Passport Plus, Spoolmate 100
            TA185
            SO 2020 Bender
            Miller 125c Plasma
            "Hold my beer while I try this!"

Comment

And If you did get the items purchased and the was a problem what do you do to get them to correct it?
              We are talking about top quality merchandise! You won't have any problems with it.
              Lincoln Idealarc 250
              Lincoln Weldanpower CC/CV engine drive
              Lincoln LN-25 wire feeder
              Miller Syncrowave 180 SD
              Various oxy-fuel setups featuring Victor, Harris, and Prest-o-lite products

Comment

Originally posted by fjk View Post
                As P.T. Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute".

Frank
                Barnum never said it, it was attributed to him because the nobody ever heard of the guy that said it by a newspaper editor in New York that was always fight with Barnum because he wouldn't advertise in his paper.

the famous quote "There's a sucker born every minute." History, unfortunately, has misdirected this quotation. Barnum never did say it. Actually, it was said by his competitor. Here's the incredible story.
                http://www.historybuff.com/library/refbarnum.html

Comment

Barnum never said it...
                  it's the thought that counts

frank

Comment

Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
                    No, but I have a really good banking deal in the works with some super nice Nigerians.
                    hahaha, nice.

Comment

I just told some Russian friends, I hear Russia makes great athletic shoes. Could you order me a pair of gym shoes from back home. They all said Roger your crazy.

Do the mail order shoes include a bride?
                      Last edited by Roger; 11-30-2008, 02:20 AM.

Comment

About 25 years ago, I worked as a design engineer for a company that did contract engineering design and manufacturing. We got a contract to manufacture one of the first ultrasonic pest repellers for a marketing company. I did some testing on the finished product and determined it didn't work at all. Showed the results to the marketing company owner; he didn't care. He offered a 100% guarantee when he sold his products, and would refund the money no questions asked if someone wished to return their purchase. However, he had a track record of only getting about 5% returns on products that obviously didn't work! So it didn't matter to him whether the product worked or was any good. People wouldn't bother to return an obviously worthless device.

As a side note, I designed up a device that actually worked; would kill mice within a 25 ft radius or so. Showed it to the owner of the company. He said it had no market, because you could actually hear some noise coming from the device (not loud, just a low audible pulsing sound) His original device was completely silent......

Comment

The Ukranian Kolchuga passive detection system is great if you need to track stealth aircraft. They do know a little about electronics.
                          --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
                          -------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffw5555 View Post

As a side note, I designed up a device that actually worked; would kill mice within a 25 ft radius or so.
                            Does it kill any other small critter or just mice? I'm thinking rabbits and cats.
                            Hobart Stickmate® LX 235 AC / 160 DC

Lincoln Weld-Pak HD

Campbell Hausfeld 110v Stick

My Welding Picture Album

Comment

Working...
                            X