An old guy newbie says Hello.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An old guy newbie says Hello.

I retired 8 1/2 years ago, and one of the retirement gifts from my wife and son was a Hobart Handler 140. I looked at it the other day in my workshop, and decided I had avoided this thing long enough. Time to learn how, and what better place to come to get advice and knowledge, than here. At a month shy of 69, I'm not looking for a new career. I'd just like to experience a couple basic welding projects. Thanks. Glad to be here.

Welcome.... Don't be shy, jump in.... I got my Handler about age 67 and now 10 years later use it quite a bit.... Find things to weld as tractor implements, ornamental iron work, thing that I break......
    "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

A great machine to learn on. Weld thicker material (1/8 - 3/16") at first to get used to it, and when it doubt, go slower than you think. Burn it in. Going fast on thin material is an advanced skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale M. View Post
        Welcome.... Don't be shy, jump in.... I got my Handler about age 67 and now 10 years later use it quite a bit.... Find things to weld as tractor implements, ornamental iron work, thing that I break......
        Thanks Dale. That's good to hear that I'm not the only one late to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
          A great machine to learn on. Weld thicker material (1/8 - 3/16") at first to get used to it, and when it doubt, go slower than you think. Burn it in. Going fast on thin material is an advanced skill.
          Thanks MAC. I appreciate the advice.

Comment

Working...
          X