Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member in Pennsylvania

Hello All:

Glad to be aboard. Just picked up a 210 MVP at Tractor Supply, Paid $799 when they price matched an out of town retailer (Blain’s Farm and Fleet). Getting my 220 wired to the garage tomorrow, and will pick up my gas after that. I learned to weld stick in high school, more recently fooled around with a Hazzard Fraud 90 amp here and there. Looking forward to developing my skills and doing some welding!

Bob

Welcome aboard! Show us the welding receptacle when it gets done! Lots of us like electrical **** as much as welding.

You getting set up for GMAW with gas shielding?

Comment

Here is a picture of the outlet. My electrician said its 250 volts / 50 amps. He used 6/2 romex for the run from the panel.

I plan on mig welding with solid wire and shielding gas. I am a motorcycle guy so I will be typically welding 1/4” or less steel. Maybe at some point I will venture into aluminum.

Next step will be the gas and some proper safety equipment, then read the manual, set up the machine and try some practice welding. I think my first project will be to make some small modifications to my welding table.

Comment

Looks good from my view....

And practice, practice,practice....

Dale
        Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

Welcome

I bought a 210 MVP last fall along with a 20lb Co2 tank. This is my first experience with mig.

Given the you get a little deeper penetration using straight Co2, I don't plan on bodywork or anything real thin so the straight Co2 works for my needs.....and only cost $20 to fill the tank......should last a looooong time.

I only got to play with mine for a couple months before I had knee replacement surgery. I'm now recovered enough to get the welder back out and start practicing again.

Comment

I'm a big fan of 100% CO2 for most GMAW welding. Once I got a proper CO2 regulator. It will freeze the standard Smith regulators that come with Miller and Hobart machines, if you just get an adapter to use them.

Comment

Working...
            X