No announcement yet.

Hobart gb-318

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up some 20' 4awg battery jumpers for my leads. Looking for a muffler. No welding today its raining everything is soaked.

Comment

Looks like common pump and now you can keep coolant in it I'm sure. 4AWG for leads will carry 1/8" electrode alright but they will get warm to the touch. With that machine and it's capability, I'd go with 1AWG wire which is still a bit light but would work fine.
      Thanks for reading/listening.

Antique Hobart Engine Drive Lover X5

Comment

Im welding like a champ!! Only thing is I have to run without rad cap cause it runs cooler, use a broom stick to throttle down. Other than that I'm on cloud nine.

Comment

The word on these motors is they dont like pressure in the cooling system so I'm going to try to keep it that way. Reading about guys blowing head gaskets. Although this is the industrial version prob has some upgrades internally.

Comment

Nice to hear you have it running/operating. Good feeling I'm sure.

Mine has a zero pressure cap also. Think I ordered six of them from a single vendor on ebay for about $8.00 each.

Comment

Originally posted by Auto Affair View Post
              Nice to hear you have it running/operating. Good feeling I'm sure.

Mine has a zero pressure cap also. Think I ordered six of them from a single vendor on ebay for about $8.00 each.
              Remember the vendors ID? Been using a length of radiator hose around the neck and Pepsi can for a radiator cap for about 40 years now.

Comment

Yes I do. www.reliableaftermarketparts.com

I caught the caps on sale as they fit both the radiator and fuel tanks for all my engine drives. Look for them on ebay as it's cheaper to purchase there than their website believe it or not. I even called them direct and they told me to purchase via ebay.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

If you need measurements of the caps I ordered let me know.

Comment

Ok. I will do that. Did you ever get the line boring operation going?

Comment

Originally posted by lars66 View Post
                        Ok. I will do that. Did you ever get the line boring operation going?
                        Most of it and have done a couple of jobs. Still have a ways to go yet but only purchase new when absolutely necessary. Going to retire early next month from the full time employer to strike out on the different path as a hobby.

This page will give you options also. http://www.fillernecksupply.com/3-or...er-necks-caps/ I used their filler neck to replace the one on my G-258 as it was coupled with a rubber hose and corroded badly. The cap shown will work also but has a small vent hole in the top. The Hobarts used the same size radiator and fuel tank caps on the older machines.
                        Last edited by Auto Affair; 01-15-2018, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X