Upstate NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upstate NY

I've been reading some of the posts on this forum for a couple of weeks now and have just decided to join. I've read a lot of good advice here and look forward to having any of my questions answered (as long as I search first :lol

I'm new to welding but not to forums. My first project was making a quick repair to my trailer then I moved on to making an ugly as **** welding cart (**** I know it's ugly, but it works for now) I eventually want to build a custom cart to hold my Stick and Mig with room to mount a plasma cutter in the future.
    Biggest project was my third and latest endeavor, I needed to make some repairs to my truck's frame. Using 1/4" plate I managed to make a nice looking repair however, I'm not sure how long it will last because I did not use "low hydrogen welding rods" so I expect the frame to re-crack next to the welds.

Any how, I like what I've seen so far and look forward to more great advice..

Thanks
    Darrin

Good luck on your projects and welcome aboard. Post pictures of your projects if you want any input.
    sigpic
    Miller Thunderbolt
    Smith Oxyacetylene Torch
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Lincoln SP-250 MIG Welder
    Lincoln LE 31 MP
    Clausing/Coldchester 15" Lathe
    16" DuAll Saw
    15" Drill Press
    7" x 9" Swivel Head Horizontal Band Saw
    20 Ton Arbor Press
    Bridgeport

Comment

I plan to do that but I haven't had time yet I'll post in the correct section though

Comment

Working...
      X