Greetings from Eastern Canada !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Eastern Canada !

Just signed up here - complete novice that has just completed an intro to welding course for adults looking to get into it as a hobby. We touched on everything in the class - torches, sticks, mig with gas, and tig. I even attemped to run some beads on a piece of aluminum - as humbling an experience as that was, I really liked the TIG unit for it's control, precise-ness, and cleanliness.

I have a loaner Miller Maxstar 150S from my buddy so I am going to be attempting a few simple projects in this process for a while. Keep an eye out for the barrage of questions in the stick forum. In the meantime, it's great to be aboard and looking forward to learning all sorts of stuff in here.

Lewis

Great to have you on board. Its a great place to learn about all aspects of welding. I personally like TIG best, but we have experts in all fields.
    sigpic
    Miller Thunderbolt
    Smith Oxyacetylene Torch
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Lincoln SP-250 MIG Welder
    Lincoln LE 31 MP
    Clausing/Coldchester 15" Lathe
    16" DuAll Saw
    15" Drill Press
    7" x 9" Swivel Head Horizontal Band Saw
    20 Ton Arbor Press
    Bridgeport

Comment

Welcome

Welcome, enjoy all the subjects on the board, lots of good information!
      Miller 140 A/S
      HF Flux Core
      Dewalt Chop Saw
      Smith O/A Torch
      Ryobi Grinder, Craftsman & HF Grinders

Harley Electra Glide Classicsigpic

Comment

As Sarge said, "...lots of good information!" Before getting down to the nuts and bolts of any particular project try searching through the archives here for what others have done previously.
        Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

Welcome Lewis

Ton's of knowledge here enjoy

Ronnie

Comment

Better read this:

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=22458
            9-11-2001......We Will Never Forget

Retired desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250