Newer Welding Helmets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newer Welding Helmets

I'm Sure this has probably asked many times before but I've been using an old Speedglas Utility Helmet for years maybe 13-14 years Never had any problems with the electronics but the head gear is driving me nuts Too tight too loose when you put it up it slowly comes down when you raise it it flips off your head any suggestions with regard to brand I basically do stick and Mig in a farm shop but I get into a ton of awkward positions and this helmet goes every way you don't want it to. the electronics are fine I cant fault them at all after all these years. Is there a better head gear or a new helmet that would fit my welding environment. Not looking to break the bank just something that is clear and offers a good view. Sorry if this has been asked before Thanks!
    Last edited by fabricator; 07-25-2018, 01:49 PM.
    LMK

Originally posted by fabricator View Post
    I'm Sure this has probably asked many times before but I've been using an old Speedglas Utility Helmet for years maybe 13-14 years Never had any problems with the electronics but the head gear is driving me nuts Too tight too loose when you put it up it slowly comes down when you raise it it flips off your head any suggestions with regard to brand I basically do stick and Mig in a farm shop but I get into a ton of awkward positions and this helmet goes every way you don't want it to. the electronics are fine I cant fault them at all after all these years. Is there a better head gear or a new helmet that would fit my welding environment. Not looking to break the bank just something that is clear and offers a good view. Sorry if this has been asked before Thanks!
    I would look at this for better quality. I have an older model w/o renewable batteries ,now 14 yrs. old, that I intend to replace with this Optrel, when mine goes belly-up.

https://store.cyberweld.com/optrel-v...-1006-600.html
    Last edited by Northweldor; 07-26-2018, 09:57 AM.

Comment

You may be able to find an auto darkening lens replacement. What size is the current auto darkening lens cartridge?

Comment

Working...
      X