Can Explodes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Explodes!

I know this is a little off topic but I had to tell you guys anyway. I was watching the 6:00 news last night and some dope was trying to thaw out an aerosol can of automotive rubberized under coating on an electric stove top. He decided to go upstairs and take a nap while he was waiting and the can exploded, covering his three kids (who were in the kitchen) with hot rubber. His kids are now in the hospital with facial burns. unbelievable.
    Last edited by Brianstick; 01-03-2009, 11:00 AM. Reason: spelling

Well...big lawsuit for the aerosol can company!! (We've become that stupid in this country!!!)
    "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

Originally posted by Hotfoot View Post
      Well...big lawsuit for the aerosol can company!! (We've become that stupid in this country!!!)
      Foot...the stove manufacturer might have deeper pockets.
      Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

Yeah, just like the lady that tried to sue McDonalds for selling the coffee too hot after she spilled some on herself.
        Last edited by Brianstick; 01-03-2009, 07:40 PM.

Comment

I was watching cable show this morning this author talking about his books and society;
          Saying our life today is extremely safe and regulated in all respects but the average person fears for their safety thinking they are less safe than prior generations. Todays child is watched and protected to such extent they don't develop good decision making ability I would call common since, because they aren't allowed to learn by making mistakes trial and error.

Comment

Neighbor repairs tractors for a living. Did some welding b4 putting on a "hot coat" of paint. Set stinger down and touched side of paint can. Blew out an eye, could not save it.

Comment

I seen a story on the news one night that a guy blew the walls off his kitchen while setting off a "bug-bomb" aerosol fogger.

When the fog wafted the stove pilot BOOM!

As it turned out the guy left the area when he activated the bug bomb and so was not hurt, but HE LEFT HIS WIFE AND KID IN THE HOUSE TOTALLY
              UNAWARE !

They were in another part of the house and O-kay, not hurt, nor affected.

Of course the guy needs to be arrested and put away for bug-bombing his own family, but in the news story he came off too stupid to be arrested (!?)

Imagine that.

dt
              "We gotta employ a higher symmetry electrodynamics." T.E. Beardon

Comment

Originally posted by Brianstick View Post
                Yeah, just like the lady that tried to sue McDonalds for selling the coffee too hot after she spilled some on herself.

She did sue and got a heafty settlement.

Willy

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                  Todays child is watched and protected to such extent they don't develop good decision making ability I would call common since, because they aren't allowed to learn by making mistakes trial and error.
                  You are wrong in the fact that is uncommon sense. There is no such thing as "COMMON SENSE" or we wouldn't need to be hoping so many people stay out of the gene pool. Just look at the Stupid Unreality TV shows with people behaving badly, and doing stupid things in front of the camera.
                  Or the rising number of deaths and crippling injuries that are showing up from the younger crowd seeing something on the Tube or screen and saying I can do that! With out thinking that the video may be edited, or that there are things they haven't showed while doing that. Just look at all the BS that is on you tube type sites.

It truly is UNCOMMON SENSE!
                  glen, been there, done that and probably broke it!If you aren't on the edge. You'r taking up to much room

Comment

Originally posted by Brianstick View Post
                    Now I wonder what is worth more money? A crotch burn, or a facial?
                    PowerMig 215
                    Precision Tig 225
                    Old Buzz Box

Hypertherm 600
                    HH 125 EZ
                    MM 350P
                    TB 302 w/ 12RC

Originally posted by scab
                    If you are the type of person who gets upset at things breaking brace yourself for possible dissappointment.

Comment

Working...
                    X