Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

switch instead of foot pedal on EZ-TIG 165i?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• switch instead of foot pedal on EZ-TIG 165i?

On the EZ-TIG 165i, is it possible to just add a switch to the torch so I can tig w/o the foot pedal? Don't really want to play games with the amps, just set it on the front panel.
    HH190
    Hypertherm 380

Yes. See this video for a cheap home made switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA3w9Wq5mh0

Comment

Thanks, but not what I'm thinking. I'm assuming the foot pedal has two components inside. The first is a simple switch to tell the machine to turn the torch on, and the second is a potentiometer that provides the machine a signal to adjust the current up to the limit that is dialed in on the front panel. I'm wondering if I could just make a connector with a simple switch to tell the machine to turn on, and I'm assuming that the amps will ramp up to the front panel value. I'm also assuming that when I'm done (switch again), that it will ramp down and the post flow will operate.

Would there be a resistance expected in place of hte potentiometer, does it expect a short for max current, or will open work?

The switch would be like this one:
      https://cdn.eastwood.com/media/catal...p/2/p21258.jpg
      Last edited by fj5gtx; 03-10-2018, 08:10 PM. Reason: make it more clear, and provide a picture
      HH190
      Hypertherm 380

Comment

Here is the diagram....But if it is like a Miller Diversion Tig Welder foot pedal.... The foot pedal does not have a switch in it at all... it uses a hall effect sensor type setup... there is a mounted magnet over the sensor that is brought closer as the pedal is depressed....but the output to the welder mimics the diagram shown....darndest thing I've ever seen... no moving parts...

Click image for larger version

Name:	foot pedal.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	700125

Comment

Working...
        X