Dialarc HF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dialarc HF

I have a old dialarc HF it welds aluminum fine when I go to DC for steel it burns up the tungsten . I have tried pos and neg on setting . Has anyone know were to start looking .SN JB489086 Thank you .

What is the no load voltage across the weld output in DC? Should be about 80.

Keith

Comment

What is you name?

What is your quest?

What is the no load voltage across the weld output in DC?

Sorry Keith, I couldn't resist.

Click image for larger version

Name:	picture-holygrail-bridgeofdeath.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	666736

--- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
      -------------------------

Comment

Dialarc

Well I need to open up and get info so I can tell you . Thanks

Comment

How to ck volts

Originally posted by danzx11c View Post
          Well I need to open up and get info so I can tell you . Thanks
          What do I do to ck output volts on this welder ? I don't want to fry the meter . Thanks Dan

Comment

If you are checking the OCV, or no-load voltage, any cheap DC voltmeter can do it. Set it up to weld, but don't get close enough to start an arc. Measure the voltage from the electrode to the work. It should be the same, practically, as if you had no leads on the machine, and measured the voltage at the places where the leads are connected. Some machines may also have access to the conductive bits and let you measure there without taking the leads off. But the key is to have the machine on and set-up for welding, as if it was waiting for you to strike the arc.
            Last edited by MAC702; 03-27-2017, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
              If you are checking the OCV, or no-load voltage, any cheap DC voltmeter can do it. Set it up to weld, but don't get close enough to start an arc. Measure the voltage from the electrode to the work. It should be the same, practically, as if you had no leads on the machine, and measured the voltage at the places where the leads are connected. Some machines may also have access to the conductive bits and let you measure there without taking the leads off. But the key is to have the machine on and set-up for welding, as if it was waiting for you to strike the arc.
              Thank you . Dan

Comment

Working...
              X