Just got a tig machine - L-tec 250HF Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a tig machine - L-tec 250HF Plus

Wasn't really looking but ended up with a tig welder. I have wanted to be able to weld aluminum for a long time but could never really afford a tig, and my mig is too little. Just at home hobby use. Anyway, looking through Craigslist I found this 1991 L-tec 250HF Plus. Did some horse trading and ended up with it for no out of pocket $. It came with the foot pedal but nothing else. Tried it out with stick leads so I knew at least that part of it works. Very clean unit. I have ordered a CK 17 torch for it.

I am new to tig but have gas welded (including aluminum) and tend to catch on pretty quick. It will probably be a while (month or more) before I can get an argon bottle to really start learning. I have been watching lots of you tube videos and reading lots of "how to" web pages. Also found the manual download and have read through that several times. I also home brew so I will have some stainless work for the machine in the future as well.

Pics

Last edited by BOSS351; 07-24-2014, 12:42 PM. Reason: added pics
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lincoln Pro Mig 175
    Miller Thunderbolt AC
    L-tec 250HF Plus tig
    Meco Cutmaster #45 O/A
    Ingersoll Rand 60 gal air compressor
    Jet 4x6 bandsaw
    Hendey 12x54 lathe
    Supermax YCM-16VS Mill
    G&E 14" Toolroom Universal Shaper

Nice!
    I just parted out the forerunner a Linde.
    I'll be hanging onto some of the internals for a while yet.

Scream if ya need anything!
    sigpicViceGrip
    Negative people have a problem for every solution

Comment

Awesome. You don't happen to have the cover for the lead connections on the front do you? Of the water connection set up? I think I would like to have those 2 pieces if I can find them.

Thanks,
      Patrick
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Lincoln Pro Mig 175
      Miller Thunderbolt AC
      L-tec 250HF Plus tig
      Meco Cutmaster #45 O/A
      Jet 4x6 bandsaw
      Hendey 12x54 lathe
      Supermax YCM-16VS Mill

Comment

Dang No!
        The 305 had no cover, and the water works was the first thing I sold.
        Got water works off a DialArc & a 330 AB/P........

It would need looking into If they could be made to fit.
        sigpicViceGrip
        Negative people have a problem for every solution

Comment

Ok. I can make a cover easy enough, just thought I would check. Don't need a water set up right now but if it was headed for the trash thought I would grab it.

Thanks
          Lincoln Pro Mig 175
          Miller Thunderbolt AC
          L-tec 250HF Plus tig
          Meco Cutmaster #45 O/A
          Jet 4x6 bandsaw
          Hendey 12x54 lathe
          Supermax YCM-16VS Mill

Comment

Did some more horse trading with my LWS that my O/A tanks are from (55cu/ft O and 40 cu/ft A). They traded straight across for a 125 cu/ft Argon bottle. I had to pay the $60 for the fill but I was fine with that. It is rare that I use the O/A more than once a year, and I actually use propane anyway. Dad has several 330 oxygen bottles so I can borrow one when needed.
            Everything for the tig torch showed up yesterday. I can see this is going to be a steep learning curve! The welder seems to all work correctly, now I need to follow suit.
            Lincoln Pro Mig 175
            Miller Thunderbolt AC
            L-tec 250HF Plus tig
            Meco Cutmaster #45 O/A
            Jet 4x6 bandsaw
            Hendey 12x54 lathe
            Supermax YCM-16VS Mill

Comment

Working...
            X