Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooked Up TR 250 HF

Hi,
    I just hooked up a Hobart TR250HF in my garage, I put it on a 220V / 50 amp breaker....beside the torch, It has an Arc Stinger on it, and is water cooled. I have both an Argon and Helium bottle.

Is the 50 AMP breaker gonna do it for me? I'll probablty not ever need to max out the machine, but you can never tell....

Good machine I am told by the welders here at work...

I am considering some tudoring by a co worker and burning some rod and wire....My son in law suggested that WE both take some classes at the Vo- Tech school locally...What says you???

Originally posted by holeyroller View Post
    Is the 50 AMP breaker gonna do it for me? I'll probablty not ever need to max out the machine, but you can never tell....
    I have a Miller Thunderbolt (Which is a transformer type machine.) I can weld about 4 inchs @ 200 amps with a 3/16" rod before I blow the 60 amp breaker. I have never blown the breaker with a 5/32 rod. In my opinion a 50 amp breaker is on the small size. My owners manual recommended a 90 amp breaker. I guess it depends on what you will be welding.

Originally posted by holeyroller View Post
    I am considering some tudoring by a co worker and burning some rod and wire....My son in law suggested that WE both take some classes at the Vo- Tech school locally...What says you???
    Tutoring with a co worker is a great way to get started. Classes help as well. I took classes the last two years and they really helped the quality of my welds.
    sigpic
    Miller Thunderbolt
    Smith Oxyacetylene Torch
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Lincoln SP-250 MIG Welder
    Lincoln LE 31 MP
    Clausing/Coldchester 15" Lathe
    16" DuAll Saw
    15" Drill Press
    7" x 9" Swivel Head Horizontal Band Saw
    20 Ton Arbor Press
    Bridgeport

Comment

I have a Linde Heliarc HF250 at home on a 50A breaker and it limits me to about 200-220 amps before I pop the the breaker. It would be nice to have a little more juice for welding 1/4 inch aluminum. I can't get a bigger breaker for my box, but that is the breakers.

Comment

Cool

Well generally I will be welding 1020 steel tube .120 wall....so it should be OK for that type of stuff...Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X