Cybertig 300

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cybertig 300

I need a primary control transformer. I have a 100 programmer with 2 ten turn pots and all the switches that I can trade. I have thought about rewinding the two primaries, but would rather not. Also, would transformers from other welders work in this place?

Help me Old Fart, you're the only one who can!

You will most likely have to rewind this transformer. It had multiple primaries and secondaries.

Sec. included, 115Vac, 2 24Vac, 2 20Vac windings.

Keith
    Last edited by Hobart Expert Keith; 01-28-2009, 12:23 PM. Reason: information correction

Comment

Winding

Yes, winding is a possibility, but somewhere out there I know theres an old machine that has been damaged, ravaged or ignored that has what I need. However, I may still be winding. Do you have any specs in turns and wire size? There also must be other transformers that do the same thing, can you think of any?
      Thanks
      Last edited by Crashbart; 01-28-2009, 11:17 AM. Reason: add more

Comment

We have no specific data on this unit, just an owners manual.
        The industrial part of Hobart was sold in 1996 and is now owned by Thermal Arc. I do not believe they are still supporting this old product. When that part of Hobart was sold so went all that documentation.

Keith

Comment

Hobart transformer

There is a 460 Vac Hobart transformer on ebay right now, it is made by Thermal Arc,
          * Manufacturer: Thermal Arc
          * Manufacturer p/n: 409886-003
          * MECI p/n: 700-5238
          * Condition: appears NEW
          * Applications: Industrial Control & Automation
          o 460V
          * Dimensions:
          o Height: 5-1/2"
          o Width: 5-1/2"
          o Length: 5-1/4"
          o Weight: 13.10 lbs
          This is the listing from ebay, perhaps you can look up the specs and see if it would work for me or not, but I know these things are out there.

Thanks again!

Comment

That transformer is a main power transformer(weld power) not a control(step-down) transformer.

Keith

Comment

Transformer

No Way! There are, as you told me there would be, 7 separate windings on that thing, the total thickness of all the windings is not more than 5/8" off the surface of the core, I pulled the two input windings out, but the combined total weight of all the windings is not more than 5 pounds. From the relay four large red wires go to a phenolic board which has two small copper buss bars to line up the inputs in series for 460Vac or parallel for 240Vac, those two windings are what shorted out. This transformer sits on top of the main reactor, the huge unit with 3 windings that must weigh 100 pounds or more. If you look at the recent post from Kirk Wallace, you can see a picture of his machine, mine is identical, check it out. I have some suppliers who are looking for me, and if you're right, I'm looking for the wrong part, so please check this out and confirm with me, PLEASE!

Thanks for your time!

Comment

The one in the Ebay listing is most likely from an inverter type power source. The main transformer in those are much smaller than convention 60Hz machines.

Keith

Comment

Transformer

Mike at C&M Welding Services (Ohio) 419-584-0008 had helped me out trouble shooting my CyberTig, I think he use to work for Hobart. You might want to give him a call. He was very helpfull.
                  Sold the Cybertig for a Dynasty 350

Comment

Hey Crashbart, did you ever find a transformer? I might have one

Comment

Working...
                    X