Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with syncro 180

Hi Everyone

I've been lurking here for a while and learning tons. I've been taking tig lessons from a local welder. I own a mig machine, as well as oxy/acet. I'm pretty good with mig and o/a, getting better with tig. Anyway, the machine shop I'm learning at is interested in selling their Miller syncrowave 180 SD. I understand it's between 5 and 10 years old, a transformer style machine. I talked to a Miller rep who said there's not much difference between the 180 and the newer 200.

I don't know what fair market value would be for this 180 so I'm looking for opinions. I don't want to get into a bid war with them as they've been really good about taking me on to learn tig but I don't want to spend too much either.

Any ideas on this machines worth?

Piper

Depends. Does it have running gear? Does it come with flowgage, torch, pedal, accessories, etc? The newer 180s had digital meters, which are a nice addition. The older ones did not. A five year old one will have meters, a 10 yr old one won't. So that's something to consider in setting a value. And whoever you talked to about the 200s didn't give you very good info, there are some significant improvements in the Sync 200, such as built-in pulser. Now, that's not a deal breaker, in fact, it's actually in your favor, because it makes the value lower on the 180.

Depending on condition, accessories, consumables, etc. in the deal, I probably wouldn't give more than $1000 to $1100 for a used Sync 180, and if it doesn't have meters, $800 to $900. As a comparison, a buddy of mine just bought a used Sync 200 in excellent condition here locally for $1150.
    Trailblazer 302 * Millermatic 212 * Syncrowave 180SD * X-Treme 12VS Feeder * Spoolmate 3035
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 Plasma * Lincoln 175 MIG

Victor Superrange II * Victor Journeyman

Hobart HH 125EZ

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Looking foward to hearing more about your efforts to learn more about welding.
      sigpic
      Miller Thunderbolt
      Smith Oxyacetylene Torch
      Miller Dynasty 200DX
      Lincoln SP-250 MIG Welder
      Lincoln LE 31 MP
      Clausing/Coldchester 15" Lathe
      16" DuAll Saw
      15" Drill Press
      7" x 9" Swivel Head Horizontal Band Saw
      20 Ton Arbor Press
      Bridgeport