No announcement yet.

Tool steel filler stick rod.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tool steel filler stick rod.

    I'm looking for a stick welding rod like Weld Mold 935. You can put a tool steel edge on other steels. My local supplier can't cross it to anything they have and I can only order it in 10 lb. It is quite expensive. Thanks

  • #2
    The closest thing I can think of is Hobart Hardalloy 32 - It is heat treatable similar to Weld Mold 935 however not necessarily intended for the same application (holding a sharp edge). More info can be found here ->

    From an overall hardfacing perspective pretty much any high alloy hardface rod/electrode is going to be pretty expensive, this is due to the materials involved in producing the electrode as well as the much lower demand for hardfacing products.