Rod part numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod part numbers

Hello, from looking at my join date until my now first post I think I hold the world record for being the longest lurker. Anyway, too my question. I like using the Hobart brand 7018 rod. Looking too restock I noticed there is two different part numbers. Part number 770497 and 770475, both are 10lb containers. What's the difference between these two rods?
    Thanks, Jack

If You google those 2 numbers You will find the answer. One is a part number for the plasma cutter and the other is a rod part number. The 7018 is a superior rod and I use it exclusively.
    Last edited by Hunter55; 04-16-2021, 05:23 AM.

Comment

What hunter said, 770497 is a part number for plasma cutter replacement parts, 770475 is 7018 Electrode.

Comment

Curious to see where you are seeing the two part numbers and they are showing (one wrong) as welding rod....

Dale
        "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

At rural king, I caught the typing dyslexia. The part numbers are 770475 and 770479. I swapped the 7 and 9. The only difference I can see is that the '79' says not designed for small ac machines. Is that it?

Comment

770475 is 7018AC, the other is just 7018. The AC version has some arc stabilizers in the coating to to compensate for the AC current.

Comment

Working...
            X