Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help getting a Lincoln welder working again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help getting a Lincoln welder working again.

Hi

I bought a non functioning Lincoln AC/DC 225/125 Arc Welder off of Craigslist, and it was in pierces. Putting it back together will be no problem, my problem will be trying to figure out why its not working. The guy I got it from said, he bought it used about a year 1/2 ago, at the time the guy selling it said it had very little use and it worked great. He then said he used it a few times before leaving on an extended vacation, and when he returned and went to use it, it didn't work. He called a welding repair shop and they gave him a few ideas of what to look for, so he took it apart and didn't see any obvious signs that something is wrong. He didn't want to continue to mess with it so he put it up for sale. So what would cause this welder to just stop working?
    Last edited by ajdragon; 06-18-2020, 07:02 PM.

Get a manual for unit (online?) and put it together and start testing......., Could be 50 reasons why it stopped working... But things don't usually quit from just sitting, PO was idiot for taking it apart, he probably knew why it quit working and it was easier to get rid of it than to fix it....

Good luck....

Dale
    "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

How many pieces? There's not that many in there.

Comment

Hi

This is what it looked like when I picked it up.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	00z0z_lKN3Zsaf9fL_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	709774
        I did find one broken part,circled in red, which I fixed. I'm not sure if it broke before or after it was taken apart.

Name:	IMG_4513.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	306.9 KB
ID:	709776
        Attached Files

Comment

I appears there may be wiring diagram glued to rear cover... Should not be hard to use volt-ohm meter to trace all paths and see if there is continuity or opens or shorts in all the circuitry...

Dale

Comment

Hi

What will happen if I hook up the electrode cable and work cables in reverse? I ask because the wiring diagram looks to have some things in reverse.
            I just want to make sure I'm hooking things up the right way.

Here is the wiring diagram from the back panel.

Name:	IMG_4525.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	709793

Here is a front view of the controllers.

Name:	00R0R_jscnRSf0VEU_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	709796

Name:	IMG_4512.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	709795
            Attached Files

Comment

Probably no effect on AC side, but DC side polarity would be reversed from specification and switch polarity indicated... Easy enough to check with volt meter...

Dale

Comment

Working...
              X