Hobart T225 Stick Welder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobart T225 Stick Welder

I was just wondering if anybody had a wiring diagram for an old Hobart T225 Stick Welder, I've got one in for repair and there is a lead floating around in the machine that doesn't seem to have a home. The fan comes on but there is no OCV.

Originally posted by Droo1967 View Post
    I was just wondering if anybody had a wiring diagram for an old Hobart T225 Stick Welder, I've got one in for repair and there is a lead floating around in the machine that doesn't seem to have a home. The fan comes on but there is no OCV.
    You need to list the serial #, model #, and all info on the machine spec plate.

Comment

There is not too much to this welder, There are two wires that go to the main power switch, two wires that go to the fan and the rest are flat leads that go to the range switch all coming from the transformer.

Comment

There is a flat lead just hanging out in the middle, I comes off the right hand side of the transformer but I cannot find anywhere the other end was attached to, nothing obvious, I would assume that it would go to the range switch somewhere but I see no empty spots. The lead is also intact, it didn't tear off wherever it was mounted, I assume that a fastener loosened up over time and fell out, that should make the location it came from pretty obvious.

Northweldor: There is a serial number 2268G but this machine is pretty old, I believe that is predates SPEC numbers.

I saw another post on here where one of the moderators sent somebody a wiring diagram and I tried to contact him through PM but it said that PM limit had been reached. Hobart Expert Keith
        Last edited by Droo1967; 09-30-2019, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Droo,
          Check your email.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobart Expert Keith View Post
            Droo,
            Check your email.
            See, all good things happen to those who wait for Monday!

Comment

What did you determine that the lead connected to, just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by 66vette View Post
                What did you determine that the lead connected to, just curious.
                Expert Keith what did you determine the extra lead was for?

Comment

Originally posted by Droo1967 View Post
                  There is a flat lead just hanging out in the middle, I comes off the right hand side of the transformer but I cannot find anywhere the other end was attached to, nothing obvious, I would assume that it would go to the range switch somewhere but I see no empty spots. The lead is also intact, it didn't tear off wherever it was mounted, I assume that a fastener loosened up over time and fell out, that should make the location it came from pretty obvious...
                  Does it have any scrapes, or bare spots from where a fastener may have been? Perhaps this lead is for calibration at the factory, or used in a model that receives a different input voltage, and was never, in fact, connected in your machine. However, if this was the case, I would expect it to be protected from shorting out in same way, too.

Comment

The lead is for 208 volt input vs 230 volt, leads exchanged on the lower left power switch.

Comment

Working...
                    X