Hobart welding rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobart welding rods

A friend gave me a can of welding rods and I can't Identify what they are. the numbers on the end of the can are TH150 and 113180l. The flux looks like a cast iron welding rod, real dark color, thin flux for a 3/16'' rod. Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Lil Joe View Post
    A friend gave me a can of welding rods and I can't Identify what they are. the numbers on the end of the can are TH150 and 113180l. The flux looks like a cast iron welding rod, real dark color, thin flux for a 3/16'' rod. Any help would be appreciated.
    You may not know that Hobart Brothers, the rod manufacturer, is a a company separate from the sponsor of this forum, so, you should be contacting them. Also, the fact that they are in a can indicates that they may be low-hydrogen, and since the can is open, may be useless for their originally designed purpose. However, still may be good for practice, if you have a machine capable of burning 3/16" rod, or, as a source of 3/16 round. (A thin flux is not typical with most lo-hy rods).

Comment

Thin red flux could be indicative of 6010 rod.
      No numbers on the rods themselves?
      Lincoln Idealarc 250
      Miller Bobcat 250
      Thermal arc Hefty 2 feeder
      Thermal Dynamics Cusmaster 52
      Torchmate CNC Table

Comment

Working...
      X