No announcement yet.

Anyone had experience with Kiswel 6013?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone had experience with Kiswel 6013?

Anyone had experience with Kiswel 6013? I have been using Lincoln 3/32" and am pleased with its performance. I know Kiswel is a Chinese rod and am necessarily leery. But the low price for the Kiswel is attractive. Am concerned about moisture pickup during storage. Thanks, BobD

Originally posted by rodburner6 View Post
    Anyone had experience with Kiswel 6013? I have been using Lincoln 3/32" and am pleased with its performance. I know Kiswel is a Chinese rod and am necessarily leery. But the low price for the Kiswel is attractive. Am concerned about moisture pickup during storage. Thanks, BobD
    Most cellulose-based - flux rods contain a certain percentage of water in the flux which helps to form the rod's shielding cloud from the flux. If the rod is too dry or too wet, it will affect shielding. Most of the 60XX series are baked to about 150 degrees during manufacture, so the amount of water is small but crucial, and it is usually recommended by mfgs. that they be stored in air tight containers after opening, and this will usually suffice for most job time periods.

If they are months old or longer, I would use them only on non-critical jobs, especially if they have been exposed to high heat, humidity, or direct moisture. There is no way to restore them to new condition, despite what you may have heard. Also, I have always found it better not to economize on electrodes, since they are really the cheapest factor in the welding process, and quality and consistency makes the job easier.

Sorry, no experience with Kiswel.
    Last edited by Northweldor; 05-15-2018, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X