Hobart T225 info or manual

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobart T225 info or manual

Sorry but I'm new and would like some information on an old Hobart T225. It was given to me and the ID plate is missing off the front. So I would like to know what size breakers do I need and what size cable and maximum length.
    Hobart Champion 16
    Lincoln Idealarc SP150

I'm not sure what they draw at the top end, but 96% of these types of old machines are probably on a 50A breaker and #10 copper wire (or even #12). If you want the circuit to be able to be used for anything other than a welding machine, then you should use #8 copper wire. If using a cable, you would want 10/2 w/ ground, which is two hots, plus a green or bare ground. You want a 2-pole breaker for 240V, assuming a typical American panel.

On the front end, you want welding leads with Tweco style connectors, I believe.

Here's a copy of the nameplate of one. Looks like top-end input (welding at 225A, which is A LOT) would be about 53A if you have typical American 240V input. So the 50A breaker will easily do everything that machine can do within its duty cycle of 20%

Last edited by MAC702; 04-25-2018, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Thanks for that info, does anyone know what size welding cable and the maximum length this welder would have used.
      Hobart Champion 16
      Lincoln Idealarc SP150

Comment

Just search up a few welding lead amperage charts and compare enough of them to get a good consensus. Here's an example from the top of the search pile:

Comment

Thanks for the info.
          Hobart Champion 16
          Lincoln Idealarc SP150

Comment

i have an old hobart welder t225 sn.2273G i would like to have a manual on the machine thanks

Comment

GOPAL, Check your email.

Comment

Working...
              X