Just the type I'm wanting:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just the type I'm wanting:

Figures; one shows up just the model I've been holding out for and it's a rag at best. Really wanting either a GCC, or DCC-510 Hobart machine that is complete. I'd go through it if complete as they do both CC/CV operation.This one's just a bit more of a project than I'm wanting.

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/tls/...546934022.html
    Thanks for reading/listening.

Antique Hobart Engine Drive Lover X5

Better go for it, they don't come along everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by lars66 View Post
      Better go for it, they don't come along everyday.
      Believe me, I've been back and forth several times. I know a gent in Ohio whom has one I'm trying to wait out. He calls it restored, I call it repainted but he won't budge off of $3K for it. I'd go a bit less but it has to be nearer 2K or I'll continue to wait.

Those were some air arcing mother's in their day. They far outlast anything new I'm sure. I shoulda bought one when working in the oil patch many years ago but was too young to know what I wanted in life long term.....

Comment

Yeah, I had an air arcing mother at one time, 600 amp motor driven Hobart.

Comment

Well, I've decided to pass on this one Lars. Just too far distant and too much of a project for what I need. Now retired and having plenty of time to do things I personally want to do, I'm digging out several antique engine generators I have in the shop to work with. Most of these are 15, and 30kw three phase and all run so need to either find uses for them, or sale a few. I have 10 welders of all types in total so really don't need additional, but if the elusive GCC/DCC 510 I've been hunting comes along.....

Comment

yeah I'm a little over stocked on welders myself for a 2 man shop, counted 15 the other day.

Comment

yeah I'm a little over stocked on welders myself for a 2 man shop, counted 15 the other day.
              Rookie...........

Comment

But I'm just me.....

Comment

I donated the Trailblazer 55D to an agriculture shop class project for tax purposes. The auxiliary power section just wasn't going to be large enough for me. Local welding supply is taking back in on trade a Miller 500P for a new 325 Trailblazer to set up a new truck. I know the shop and the care they give their equipment so no worries on my part. I've traded with the welding supply many years, (guy was Hobart Bros. salesman for years too) and he says they won't make much money on the sale to me.....

Comment

Working...
                  X