Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratch start tig with new 210i inverter machine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratch start tig with new 210i inverter machine?

Scratch start tig with my new 210i inverter machine? will it work? I've got my 100% argon, 17v tig torch with valve and a power block,, so wondering if DC/EN scratch start tig will work? on this inverter machine? Thanks

Originally posted by resq203 View Post
    Scratch start tig with my new 210i inverter machine? will it work? I've got my 100% argon, 17v tig torch with valve and a power block,, so wondering if DC/EN scratch start tig will work? on this inverter machine? Thanks
    Should work, but the "hot start" feature might interfere. Perhaps Hobart expert Keith might be able to tel us. Also, in this video, he mentions inverters, as well as other good advice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA3w9Wq5mh0

Comment

Scratch TIG is possible with the new Stickmate units but the hot start circuit in place for stick welding could cause irregular starting issues as well as welding issues as a result of a contaminated tungsten. These are always issues that one will have to deal with when TIG welding from a stick unit that does not have an actual TIG setting.

Keith

Comment

This is how they get you to buy a 210 Maxstar instead. You can put it into tig mode and it disables the auto hot start feature.
        Lincoln Idealarc 250
        Miller Bobcat 250
        Thermal arc Hefty 2 feeder
        Thermal Dynamics Cusmaster 52
        Torchmate CNC Table

Comment

Originally posted by snoeproe View Post
          This is how they get you to buy a 210 Maxstar instead. You can put it into tig mode and it disables the auto hot start feature.
          It does a lot more than that...

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post

It does a lot more than that...
            Yes, I'm quite familiar with the 210 Maxstar machines. I've ran them quite a bit.
            Lincoln Idealarc 250
            Miller Bobcat 250
            Thermal arc Hefty 2 feeder
            Thermal Dynamics Cusmaster 52
            Torchmate CNC Table

Comment

Working...
            X