• Show
Clear All

• Westinghouse

Does anyone know anything about this machineClick image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	667941

Your first post and you put a link to a pic I for one will not open it.
    Lincoln A/C 225
    Everlast PA 200

Comment

Picture is valid and if you don't want to open it just don't, why negative remark to new user (poster) looking for answers.... You are not helping....

Welcome A.Craddock and please ignore Mr. 71 posts... And sorry I do not have any help for you on your Westinghouse machine...

Dale
      Last edited by Dale M.; 11-25-2013, 12:22 PM.
      "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

Originally posted by M J Mauer View Post
        We'll don't open it then

Comment

About as simplified as a design could be no?

Neat look'n blue one in the background too.

vg
          sigpicViceGrip
          Negative people have a problem for every solution

Comment

Originally posted by A.craddock View Post
            Does anyone know anything about this machine[ATTACH]36257[/ATTACH]
            Take a readable picture of various details (Specs in upper right of panel, and all plates, labels, etc.), and we might be able to tell you something.
            (Ignore MJM, since he accumulated most of his 71 posts by welcoming other to the forum!)

Comment

I for one suggest you GTFO and troll elsewhere.

You must be on Windows, with which surfing the internet is comparable to doing squat thrusts over a campfire while wearing a gasoline-soaked Speedo. Virtualbox is free and so are Linux distros, so I suggest ye load Linux in a virtual machine (quite easy, tutorials abound) instead of worrying about what others post. It's educational and far better for self-improvement than trolling welding boards where people go to exchange welding information.

Looks single phase by the cord, looks clean as the panel paint doesn't show much wear (gloved hands wear paint and spatter etc aren't kind to it either). It's old and a Westinghouse so it was built when quality mattered. I can't read close enough to tell but I'll guess it's AC, and of an age when AC stick machines had enough OCV (Open Circuit Voltage) to run better than current buzzboxen which have lower OCV so people who ignore safety precautions are less likely to zap themselves.

You can do a lot with a good AC welder so if you own it or can grab it for say a hundred, hundred fifty bucks have at it.

Comment

Funny I got more reply to this then I did when I asked for HELP.
                Lincoln A/C 225
                Everlast PA 200

Comment

Forums are just slices of life all strung together, it doesn't surprise you does it.

Your cannundrum neads a little zooming in I think.
                  Lotta could-be's in there.
                  I think it's only gonna be solved by "the elimination of likelyhoods" approach.

vg
                  sigpicViceGrip
                  Negative people have a problem for every solution

Comment

Looks Good!

Appears to be an "AC" machine, clean, single phase(I believe).
                    If the price is right and you need/want it.
                    Then buy it!

Comment

Looks very similar to Montgomery Wards AC welder made by Century for monkey wards. If I had to guess I would say it was made by Century.

Comment

Originally posted by kctgb View Post
                        Looks very similar to Montgomery Wards AC welder made by Century for monkey wards. If I had to guess I would say it was made by Century.
                        It was made by Westinghouse welder division in Buffalo NY. They had a 2nd plant in Va i think but can't remember. I have been digging up Westinghouse welder info for years with no luck. Even wrote them with worse luck. Seems like in the Westinghouse/CBS merger the welder division was "lost". I did get a phone call one night from an old Westinghouse plant manager who said the welder division was just parted out and scrapped, gone overnight. I have a Westinghouse Mig from June of '66 and a matching spool gun. Your welder looks like early-mid 70's being squared off. The Linde's had about the same look...Bob
                        Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
                        Metal Master Fab
                        Salem, Ohio
                        Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
                        http://www.ceilingtrains.com/
                        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sawking/
                        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/southbend10k/

Comment

Working...
                        X