No announcement yet.

Lincoln AC-225, buy new or used??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is an old thread and there's another related one. Hobby welder got a Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC at a good price. A real welder.
    Bravo. One may get more welders, but need never outgrow an Idealarc. We taught scratch-start TIG as well as stick on a fleet of the square tops that's still in use.

Mobility is not an issue as once ya have the machine it's trivial to make a cart and anything else you need to be mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by monckywrench View Post
      ... Mobility is not an issue as once ya have the machine it's trivial to make a cart...
      It's also trivial to buy a welder with a cart. Just got a 1971 Idealarc 250 with the original tricycle cart and 200 feet of good 1/0 leads for $350. Needed more red in the shop.

Click image for larger version

Name:	idealarc 250 ours 3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	665652

Last edited by usmcpop; 11-30-2013, 01:48 PM.
      --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
      -------------------------

Comment

Sweet! I love the old Llincoln and Miller tricycle carts.

WIth the cart plus that much lead for three-fiddy that's a confirmed "you suck!".

Comment

I sucked long before I got the Lincoln, but that's another story.

Best part was "visiting" with the 75 year old seller. Big, boisterous and energetic guy. My son and I played with his cool border collie dog, talked about old times and admired his shop and some of the firearms he had stashed in a big toolbox drawer.
          --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
          -------------------------

Comment

Cart? You don't need a cart for your red welder. This one came with wheels from Craigslist for $200. It welds great! I like Hobarts and Millers, too.

Miller Syncrowave 200
            Millermatic 252
            Victor Oxy-Acetylene Set
            High Hopes

Comment

Originally posted by usmcpop View Post
              I sucked long before I got the Lincoln, but that's another story.

Best part was "visiting" with the 75 year old seller. Big, boisterous and energetic guy. My son and I played with his cool border collie dog, talked about old times and admired his shop and some of the firearms he had stashed in a big toolbox drawer.
              haha, that is the best part. my seller was also older, had this HUGE shop, had to be 80ft by 80ft or bigger. neat place, he only sold it because he bought a hobart mig welder for his car restoration.
              sigpic
              Eastwood MIG135, never fails to make me wonder.
              Lincoln idealarc 300/250: runs like it was made today. Looks like its seen some better days. Origin is Ashland lumber mill. Ready to go. Needs some new leads and a little specialty TLC.
              Harris oxyacetylene set, 20cf oxy and 10cf ace
              youtube channel :
              http://m.youtube.com/#/user/Hobbywelder617

Comment

Here you would have to buy a new machine, the price there is insane low.
                http://www.facebook.com/cary.urka.urkafarms

Comment

After doing a little research, I might just go new and get a Hobart stickmate AC/DC. Or just wait.
                  atlantarhinoplastycritic.com

Comment

Working...
                  X