Airco ACDC high electrode stick welder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airco ACDC high electrode stick welder

High there folks I am going to look at a welder thats for sale it supposed to be a Airco AC/DC highelectrode welder. I do not know what highelectrode means and neither does the seller. Can any one enlighted me as to the meaning of high electrode?

Jut make certain it runs on household level, single phase electric (most industrial machines do not). Read the plate on it re: volts, phase, and amps drawn.
    "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

If it's a craigslist ad, post it up. Maybe somebody here can decipher it for you. "Highelectrode", is not a term I have ever run into before.
      *** Disclaimer ***

As I have no wish to toy with anybody's life, I suggest you take this and all other posts with a certain amount of skepticism. Carefully evaluate, and if necessary, research on your own any suggestions or advice you might pick up here, especially those from my posts, as I obviously haven't the skill and experience exhibited by some of the more illustrious and more successful members of this forum. I'm not responsible for anything I say, as I drank toxic water when young.

Comment

I'll take a wild swing at this. Many of the Airco welders were rebadged Miller machines, notably Thunderbolts. These machines had a work lead connection ("ground"), and then had both a "high" and a "low" amperage connection for the stinger, often with the word "electrode" between them on the face plate.

Hey, it's as plausible as anything else without better inofrmation. I've certainly seen sellers misinterpret information from welding machines worse.
        Trailblazer 302 * Millermatic 212 * Syncrowave 180SD * X-Treme 12VS Feeder * Spoolmate 3035
        Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 Plasma * Lincoln 175 MIG

Victor Superrange II * Victor Journeyman

Hobart HH 125EZ

Comment

Originally posted by Zrexxer View Post
          I'll take a wild swing at this. Many of the Airco welders were rebadged Miller machines, notably Thunderbolts. These machines had a work lead connection ("ground"), and then had both a "high" and a "low" amperage connection for the stinger, often with the word "electrode" between them on the face plate.

Hey, it's as plausible as anything else without better inofrmation. I've certainly seen sellers misinterpret information from welding machines worse.
          Thanks for the info I am going to look at it tomorrow the asking price is $300.00. It comes with a heavy duty cart lots of new welding rods and extra long leads. I already have a lincoln AC225 but would like to have a DC welder

Comment

Some of them are rebadged Miller Dialarcs also...Bob
            Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
            Metal Master Fab
            Salem, Ohio
            Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
            http://www.ceilingtrains.com/
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sawking/
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/southbend10k/

Comment

For $300.00, any used buzz box had better look like showroom condition...that's a mite high....but if it was bargain, it would already be gone! Ac/Dc welders sell quick in the $200 range.
              "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

Working...
              X