P & H Arc welder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P & H Arc welder

Anyone know here I where I can find out any info on a P & H A.C. Arc welder, model th-300? Was my father in laws and now I have it.

Follow the link to a military manual that might be close to what you have.
    If you could post a picture of your welder I might have more info available.

http://www.141.com/chevy/misc/p&h-dar-300-manual.pdf

Your welder might also be very similar to the Linde HD-300 / 200 welder which I also have a manual for. Like I mentioned above, a picture would sure help.

Brad

Hobart BetaMig 200
    Linde HDA-200 AC/DC Tig/Stick
    Dayton Buzzbox

Comment

will get some pictures on it this weekend. Thanks

Comment

hope these come thru. any help anyone? mainly need to know what the controls on the front are.

Comment

i dont see them maybe some one else can lol
          lincoln pt225
          hack saw & a hammer
          oh & a shovel

Comment

well guess that did not work, so I will try the links to the pictures

http://s427.photobucket.com/albums/p...nt=Unnamed.jpg

http://s427.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=Unnamed2.jpg

http://s427.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=Unnamed3.jpg

http://s427.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=Unnamed4.jpg

Comment

I can't read the labels for the small toggle switches, but the three way switch at the bottom corresponds to the three different colored rings behind the large knob, giving settings for Low/Medium/High ranges.

Comment

sorry for the pics, I took them with my cell phone. I'll go back over this weekend and use my camera

Comment

The toggle on the left, with the indicator light above it, is the main power switch,...the toggle in the middle, I'm guessing is the remote/panel switch and it controls the outlet to the left of it. the rheostat on the top right, I believe is the arc control....the outlet with the corresponding toggle..haven't a clue...the outlet on the top left, I'm just guessing again, looks like 120v AC...but I'm not sure. I haven't used one in 40 years, so my recollection is a little fuzzy. The decay of internal parts would be a great concern to me. I'd be scared to fire it up, as is.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky D View Post
                    The toggle on the left, with the indicator light above it, is the main power switch,...the toggle in the middle, I'm guessing is the remote/panel switch and it controls the outlet to the left of it. the rheostat on the top right, I believe is the arc control....the outlet with the corresponding toggle..haven't a clue...the outlet on the top left, I'm just guessing again, looks like 120v AC...but I'm not sure. I haven't used one in 40 years, so my recollection is a little fuzzy. The decay of internal parts would be a great concern to me. I'd be scared to fire it up, as is.
                    Where's your spirit of adventure! My cousin had a 1946 vintage 295 amp AC machine that ran as good as new, and it sat outdoors for the 1st 10 years of it's life before he built a cover for it.

Comment

Originally posted by cope View Post
                      Where's your spirit of adventure! My cousin had a 1946 vintage 295 amp AC machine that ran as good as new, and it sat outdoors for the 1st 10 years of it's life before he built a cover for it.
                      Hey, I didn't live to be 67 by being "adventurous" actually, truth be known, I'm livin on borrowed time, anyway...
                      Franz has one of these...here's what he says:

Power
                      Local/remote toggle
                      AC DC DCRP- big pointer
                      HF constant off start
                      Fine current = percentage of range
                      RANGE
                      Phase shift
                      Balance (I think) ain't looked at mine in a while and there is a foot of snow between me and it.

BTW, just about every one of the green monsters is an individual since they built them to customer spec. That one may be AC only, can't see the dang picture clear enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky D View Post
                        That one may be AC only, can't see the dang picture clear enough.
                        I'm betting that's true, Rocky

Trailblazer 302 * Millermatic 212 * Syncrowave 180SD * X-Treme 12VS Feeder * Spoolmate 3035
                        Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 Plasma * Lincoln 175 MIG

Victor Superrange II * Victor Journeyman

Hobart HH 125EZ

Comment

To Power up, or Not?

Greetings. I just inherited a DAR-200-HFGW from my dad. It hasn't been used in about 10 years, but looks very similar to yours. I'm about to fire it up, so if you don't hear from me again Rocky D was correct and its a bad idea. I can't get the posted link to the *.pdf manual to work, fear it has disappeared. However I do have hard copy of some sort of operators manual, and can probably scan a few of the pages of interest. Try sending me a direct email.

Long ago I did use it. In case you don't know I believe the high frequency feature made it a lot easier to start the arc. When turned on you didn't have to actually touch the work piece to get an arc going, the HF would jump start it.
                          On and off are obvious, I think auto meant it turned the HF off when there was current flow, ie while there was already an arc.

Will

Comment

Working...
                          X