No announcement yet.

Antique Hobart Weldmobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the benefit of those of you in Wisconsin (Phil), I give you the Weenergiesmobile:

--- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
    -------------------------
    DialArc 250 (1974), Idealarc 250 (1971), SyncroWave 250 w/Coolmate 3, SP-175+, TA 161STL,
    Lincwelder AC180C (circa 1952), Victor & Smith's O/A, Dayton (Miller) spot welder, 1200 sq.ft. of garage filled with crap and a kid that can actually run the stuff +++

Comment

i have one.

Originally posted by Zrexxer View Post
      I'd probably pee all down my leg if I found one of those for sale, and I'm not sure why, because I have absolutely ZERO use for one Still, it would be calling my name, I'm sure..
      hey im new here and was trying to find info on this thing. my dad has one, not sure of the exact year or anything but it does have a union pacific plaque on it. its in need of restoration but if anyone has any further info or may be interested in buyin it you can email me at jheist1991@gmail.com or call/txt me at 712-431-6686 any time. thanks guys!

Comment

Post on Weldingweb and Millerwelds forums too. Classics like these should be restored and saved for posterity as the impressive mementos of American industrial history.

Also, please post pics for reference.

Comment

Weldmobile plant style

I am attaching a link to my blog with pictures of my 1947 Hobart weld mobile. It is a dodge chassis, with a 3 speed transmission. coupled after the welder.
          http://hobartweldmobile.blogspot.com...beginning.html

Comment

WoW!
            A worthwhile project that will make.
            sigpicViceGrip
            Negative people have a problem for every solution

Comment

Here's a pic of another small one (418) sold at a mine auction a while back.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vicegrip View Post
                WoW!
                A worthwhile project that will make.

Thanks, I was having some trouble figuring out my blog. This might be a better address. http://hobartweldmobile.blogspot.com/

Comment

Antique Hobart Weld mobile

I have photos of my grandfathers vintage Hobart Weldmobile from the 1930's/1940's, but am unable to upload them. When I clik "upload", or "add photos", nothing happens.
                  HOW can I post them or upload them??

Comment

Originally posted by kris View Post
                    I have photos of my grandfathers vintage Hobart Weldmobile from the 1930's/1940's, but am unable to upload them. When I clik "upload", or "add photos", nothing happens.
                    HOW can I post them or upload them??
                    Just go to FAQ up above, and "how do I add a photo".

Comment

Comment

Just posted this for sale on eBay.

Comment

Working...
                        X