• Show
Clear All

• How many Lbs of liquid co2 are in a 83 cu ft cylinder of 75/25

How many Lbs of liquid co2 are in a 83 cu ft cylinder of 75/25

How many Lbs of liquid co2 are in a 83 cu ft cylinder of 75/25

Comment

No liquid CO2 in a tank of 75/25..

Comment

The CO2 is pumped into the cylinder first, as a liquid and by weight. It then vaporizes when the argon is pumped in. MY question, how many
        lbs of liquid co2 are used??

Comment

About 2.36--2.4 lbs depending on a fill of 80 cubic feet to 95 cubic feet and accuracy of the 75/25. There are actually too many factors for me to calculate down to the exact oz, but 2.37 pounds is dern close.

Comment

My error. After checking with two suppliers that fill welding gases, they confirm that LiQUID CO2 is NOT used to fill the 75/25 mixes. The cyl size I was inquiring about is filled with 139 psi of Co2 gas then the argon is added.

Comment

5 posts, 4 of which are in this thread and then you answered your own question with info no cares about. I smell a Troll
              "never argue with an idiot; he'll bring you down to his level, and win by experience"

Comment

So you bumped it three months later?

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
                  You need to roll the tanks around once in awhile to keep it mixed if you don't use them, Bwa ha, ha, ha.

MAC, you been doing a lot of windshield time lately. Getting anywhere?
                  --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
                  -------------------------
                  DialArc 250 (1974), Idealarc 250 (1971), SyncroWave 250 w/Coolmate 3, SP-175+, TA 161STL,
                  Lincwelder AC180C (circa 1952), Victor & Smith's O/A, Dayton (Miller) spot welder, 1200 sq.ft. of garage filled with crap and a kid that can actually run the stuff +++

Comment

Originally posted by usmcpop View Post
                    ...MAC, you been doing a lot of windshield time lately. Getting anywhere?
                    Yes and no. Home still here every time, though. 30,000 miles on the 10-month old pickup, and that's with leaving it home for one of the FL round trips.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
                      This site is so dead, if yno one bumped old threads, there would be no life. What do you think is an acceptable limit?
                      "never argue with an idiot; he'll bring you down to his level, and win by experience"

Comment

I have no idea

Comment

Working...
                        X