HOBART 250ci Help¡

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOBART 250ci Help¡

Hello I have a Hobart 250ci was in storage a lot of time and when we will like to use it it will not work
    the symptoms is the power and temperature light is flashing wen the trigger is press, the compressor will not turn on only the cooling fan will star to work every time the trigger is press, the power and the temperature light blinks for like 15 seconds thank you all for the help will include some pictures

Ah...that sucks. Sounds broken? I can understand the disappointment.
    You have a manual don't you? And reading the manual was no help? Hmm? Better post a serial number with those pictures then.
    Good luck.

Comment

The TEMP and POWER light flashing indicates a problem with the internal compressor, current issue so the motor may be locked up or open.

Comment

I test the compressor whit a multimeter in the red and black cables and it’s testing continuity, don’t know if that’s suppose to read that, and the other these I have done is use a external battery charger and connected the compressor and the compressor start to work, so I really don’t know if the compressor will be the fault

Comment

Comment

Comment

If the compressor ran then the trouble would most likely be the control board.

Comment

Is there any tutorial on how to test the torch wit a multimeter?

Comment

No tutorial but there are some simple tests you can do. To check the power leads, remove them from their connections inside the unit. With the torch fully assembled you should have continuity across the two power leads. you should also have continuity across the green wire and the yellow wire on the control wires from the torch(connector unplugged from the board). Now remove the consumables from the torch and you should read an open on the power leads and on the green to yellow wires. To check the trigger measure across the white and brown wires on the torch harness and squeeze the trigger, it should go short to open as you cycle the trigger.

Comment

her I showing a video of the trouble I disconnected the fan and the compressor because I’m hearing a buzzing sound when trigger is press don’t know if that’s normal

Comment

Working...
                    X