No announcement yet.

Need help getting my plasma cutter working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright I'll see what I can do. So off topic but I've heard of one time use argon bottles. That sounds real convenient to me I can just order a few in. Would anyone reccomend for or against these?

Comment

Originally posted by Freakyloose View Post
      ...So off topic but I've heard of one time use argon bottles. That sounds real convenient to me I can just order a few in. Would anyone reccomend for or against these?
      Only just "heard of them?" From where? Have you actually seen them for sale? Show us where so we can see them. There are too many variables to know whether or not such things could be recommended, even if truly available. Knowing your location in relation to them is part of it.

Comment

Freakyloose, Welcome to this discussion board. Definitely check on the switch in the plasma gun. These things are very delicate and easy to get out of wack through rough handling. Additionally, watch the local social media, Craigs List, OfferUp, and other places where people post stuff that they want to move along. I just got an 80 ft^3 cylinder for $32 that I traded in at my local welding supplier for $211 credit toward a larger cylinder. (You want Argon? Great. I wanted C-25.) I saw an announcement on OfferUp tonight for a cylinder that appeared to be about 125 ft^3 that the poster wanted only $20 for. Pick-up only. Richmond CA. Whether your welding supplier will work with you remains to be seen, but it is a chance I'd take all day long. ~0le
        "If a problem can't be solved, enlarge it." (The 34th president of the United States)

Comment

I copied the below from a lincoln website.

Handheld Operation

In a typical handheld plasma system, such as our Tomahawk® Air Plasma, the electrode and nozzle consumable parts are in contact with one another inside the torch when in the OFF state. When the trigger is squeezed, the power supply produces a DC current that flows through this connection, and also initiates the plasma gas flow. Once the plasma gas (compressed air) builds up enough pressure, the electrode and nozzle are forced apart, which causes an electrical spark that converts the air into a plasma jet. The DC current flow then switches from electrode to nozzle, to a path between the electrode and work piece. This current and airflow continues until the trigger is released.

Comment

Originally posted by birdshot View Post
            I copied the below from a lincoln website.

Handheld Operation

In a typical handheld plasma system, such as our Tomahawk® Air Plasma, the electrode and nozzle consumable parts are in contact with one another inside the torch when in the OFF state. When the trigger is squeezed, the power supply produces a DC current that flows through this connection, and also initiates the plasma gas flow. Once the plasma gas (compressed air) builds up enough pressure, the electrode and nozzle are forced apart, which causes an electrical spark that converts the air into a plasma jet. The DC current flow then switches from electrode to nozzle, to a path between the electrode and work piece. This current and airflow continues until the trigger is released.
            This is great, but when he pressed trigger machine did not energise, so it never got as far as you "copied " statement...

Dale
            Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

Working...
            X