Airforce 12ci

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airforce 12ci

i just bought a 12ci and tried using it today, i installed the guide on the gun and just about 4 seconds into the cut the spark goes out. i restart the spark and the same thing keeps happening. i could not cut a piece of 1/8 X 4" steel with one cut, i had to keep starting as the spark stopped. no trouble lights came on, the compressor was running, had a good clean ground and the ground clamp was about 4" from my cut. i also changed the consumables but no change. This unit is brand new out of the box.
    What was i doing wrong?

Originally posted by jjgonzo View Post
    i just bought a 12ci and tried using it today, i installed the guide on the gun and just about 4 seconds into the cut the spark goes out. i restart the spark and the same thing keeps happening. i could not cut a piece of 1/8 X 4" steel with one cut, i had to keep starting as the spark stopped. no trouble lights came on, the compressor was running, had a good clean ground and the ground clamp was about 4" from my cut. i also changed the consumables but no change. This unit is brand new out of the box.
    What was i doing wrong?
    You did not phone Hobart, after running through the trouble-shooting section of the manual.

Comment

I'm not sure why or how, but lots of good advice is being handed out tonight.

Comment

The cutting arc will do this as a result of a poor ground clamp connection or weak input power. It is going through the pilot arc sequence then shutting off.

Comment

i did call but it was too late, they close at 5 pm eastern and did not have a chance to call today. i used a grinder to clean the metal on both sides before i started and tried different outlets.

Comment

Originally posted by jjgonzo View Post
            i did call but it was too late, they close at 5 pm eastern and did not have a chance to call today. i used a grinder to clean the metal on both sides before i started and tried different outlets.
            And? Did you check Keith's advice by fully ensuring both ground and input power?

Comment

Working...
            X