Ordered Refurbished Hobart AirForce 27i Plasma Cutter from Hobart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered Refurbished Hobart AirForce 27i Plasma Cutter from Hobart

Every time I weld I seem to need a plasma cutter. I hate dragging out the gas torch to make a small cut. I found the
    Hobart AirForce 27i
    refurbished on this site for $529 so I ordered one. I don't know if this is a black Friday special or not. The priced seemed too good to pass on. I assume the refurbished plasma should be as good as a new one. Anybody ordered anything refurbished from this site? Anybody happy with one of these small Plasma cutters? I like it has the air compressor built in so I don't have to drag out the air compressor also and find another plug on a different circuit.

This will only cut small stuff but that mainly what I need. If I need to cut thick stuff I will get the Victor torch out and use gas.

• coxhaus
    replied
    You are right. I bought a Airforce 12ci. I mixed up the numbers.

Leave a comment:

• Northweldor
    replied
    Originally posted by coxhaus View Post
    Every time I weld I seem to need a plasma cutter. I hate dragging out the gas torch to make a small cut. I found the
    Hobart AirForce 27i
    refurbished on this site for $529 so I ordered one. I don't know if this is a black Friday special or not. The priced seemed too good to pass on. I assume the refurbished plasma should be as good as a new one. Anybody ordered anything refurbished from this site? Anybody happy with one of these small Plasma cutters? I like it has the air compressor built in so I don't have to drag out the air compressor also and find another plug on a different circuit.

This will only cut small stuff but that mainly what I need. If I need to cut thick stuff I will get the Victor torch out and use gas.
    If the compressor is built-in, as MAC702 says, you bought the 12I, which seems to be what you wanted anyway.
    Last edited by Northweldor; 11-24-2018, 07:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Hmm, I might need to check into those, myself. I've used reconditioned machines before: a Hobart HH140 and a Millermatic Passport. An issue with the latter was tracked to a broken cable in the gun that missed the reconditioning process but it was promptly replaced for me as soon as I discovered the issue. The warranty is a shorter one, IIRC, but as long as you get through the shakedown cruise that's not a big deal to me.

http://www.hobartweldshop.com/recond...lasma-cutters/

That price is for the little one, and it's the only reconditioned product in stock right now. If you got the 27i for that price, I'd say that was too good to pass up.
    Last edited by MAC702; 11-24-2018, 10:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X