Airforce 250a no arc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airforce 250a no arc

so I got an Airforce 250a plasma cutter out of a trade...
    the unit odes power on no trouble lights the built in compressor does come on...
    I can power the unit on the compressor come on and compressor goes off.
    I can operate the trigger the compressor will kick back on.. I can feel air out of the tip..
    it has a new elctorde.. the relay does click and kick in I can hear and see the copper bars in the relay move...
    I cleaned the tip area with qtip and steel wool then blew it out with external air..

the surface I am grounded too I have used a grinder and cleaned it off to bare metal..
    but the rascal will just not arc at all

any tips?

Originally posted by CD82 View Post
    so I got an Airforce 250a plasma cutter out of a trade...
    the unit odes power on no trouble lights the built in compressor does come on...
    I can power the unit on the compressor come on and compressor goes off.
    I can operate the trigger the compressor will kick back on.. I can feel air out of the tip..
    it has a new elctorde.. the relay does click and kick in I can hear and see the copper bars in the relay move...
    I cleaned the tip area with qtip and steel wool then blew it out with external air..

the surface I am grounded too I have used a grinder and cleaned it off to bare metal..
    but the rascal will just not arc at all

any tips?
    Have you worked through trouble shooting in the manual? I would suspect problems with the consumables or in the gun, but you also need to make sure that you have the correct Hobart consumables installed correctly.

Comment

When you pull the trigger with the torch in the air it should create a pilot arc through the tip of the torch. If not then make sure you have all the consumables installed and installed properly.

Keith

Comment

on top of my machine there is instruction with part numbers..
        on how the consumables go together.. I can read it because it isn't faded out..
        looks like everything is together correctly per the instructions...

I got a very small arc today could it also be a ground issue the grounded spot was clean
        wasn't enough of an arc to cut anything though

Comment

i still have this unit its just sitting here taking up space im not sure the issue with it or anything.. i have a hypertherm cutter now so wondering if this could be sold or

Comment

Working...
          X