Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plasma cutting machine

Hello...
    I have a small business of automotive repair.But my old plasma machine is going to be bad.Now,I am searching Plasma cutting machine for my business.
    So,Any recommendation for plasma machine.

Thank You in advance.

Purchase the most expensive one you can afford. Go with a brand name. You implied you have a business to run so that means you will be using it more often than the hobby shop user. If I ever purchase another one it will be one that cuts thru 1" at least. My Hobart air-force is a very good piece of equipment, but there are times I need to cut thru thicker material, such as 3/8 or greater. Thats when I reach for the O/A bottles. Effective yes, but slower and messier. Plasma is quicker, and cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter55 View Post
      Purchase the most expensive one you can afford. Go with a brand name. You implied you have a business to run so that means you will be using it more often than the hobby shop user. If I ever purchase another one it will be one that cuts thru 1" at least. My Hobart air-force is a very good piece of equipment, but there are times I need to cut thru thicker material, such as 3/8 or greater. Thats when I reach for the O/A bottles. Effective yes, but slower and messier. Plasma is quicker, and cleaner.
      You are very correct but the original post wreaks of spam to me as does the reply.
      Thanks for reading/listening.

Antique Hobart Engine Drive Lover X5

Comment

I reported both posts this morning. Surprised they are still here. Obvious spam.

Comment

Welcome...
          Lincoln A/C 225
          Everlast PA 200

Comment

Effective yes, but slower and messier. Plasma is quicker, and cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by onliner View Post
              Effective yes, but slower and messier. Plasma is quicker, and cleaner.
              Try your plasma on 3-6" material and see how quick and clean it is!

Comment

As a general rule, plasma is faster at cutting material under 1/2" thick. Even with a larger amp plasma, oxy acetylene is still faster (and cleaner in the right hands) on thicker material.
                Lincoln Idealarc 250
                Miller Bobcat 250
                Thermal arc Hefty 2 feeder
                Thermal Dynamics Cusmaster 52
                Torchmate CNC Table

Comment

Oxy-acetylene... pic from the old Doxford shipyard. (more here: http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/guides...xford_and_Sons)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flamecutting1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	666856

Some were thicker:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Planingcrsfwebs1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	666857

Last edited by usmcpop; 12-07-2017, 10:01 AM.
                  --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
                  -------------------------
                  DialArc 250 (1974), Idealarc 250 (1971), SyncroWave 250 w/Coolmate 3, SP-175+, TA 161STL,
                  Lincwelder AC180C (circa 1952), Victor & Smith's O/A, Dayton (Miller) spot welder, 1200 sq.ft. of garage filled with crap and a kid that can actually run the stuff +++

Comment

Originally posted by usmcpop View Post
                    Oxy-acetylene... pic from the old Doxford shipyard. (more here: http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/guides...xford_and_Sons)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38823[/ATTACH]

Some were thicker:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38824[/ATTACH]

Great pics of a past we should remember! Thanks for the link.

Comment

Working...
                    X