PlasmaCam problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PlasmaCam problem

Hello all. First Id like to say I'm really new to Plasmacam. I'm a PC Admin by trade. Anyway. I was contacted by a friend that was having problems with his plasmacam. We set everything up and start cutting. Everything looks fine. After it has cut a short time however, the torch seems to slowly lift on its own and stop cutting. Has anyone had this issue before? Common problem? Any fixes anyone may know about?

Thanks in advance.
    Skipp

Originally posted by Skipp View Post
    Hello all. First Id like to say I'm really new to Plasmacam. I'm a PC Admin by trade. Anyway. I was contacted by a friend that was having problems with his plasmacam. We set everything up and start cutting. Everything looks fine. After it has cut a short time however, the torch seems to slowly lift on its own and stop cutting. Has anyone had this issue before? Common problem? Any fixes anyone may know about?

Thanks in advance.
    Skipp
    "The machine is covered by a 3-year limited warranty and free, high-quality telephone technical support. As a machine owner, you also gain access to our widly used online owner's community forum. PlasmaCAM™ is commited to its customers and stands behind it's product 100%."

Have you called them? That would be the place to start. I would also be very suspicious of any company with no dealers or defined support/inspection before you buy. Let us know how this comes out.

Edit:

Ignore my post, and follow Jim Colt's advice below. He is a Hypertherm man, but is expert in the plasma world. and always gives the straight goods!
    Last edited by Northweldor; 12-10-2015, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Plasmacam machine owners should go to www.plasmacam.com then join the "Owners Community" (tab at bottom of web page). You need to enter the serial number from your machine....then you will get a notice in a day or so that you are a member of the community.

There are thousands of owners on this site......if you have questions, need training or troubleshooting simply post it in the appropriate section and you will get quick response from Plasmacam techs or other owners with many years of experience. Excellent site!

While you do not mention which model (98-z, DHC, DHC2, Samson, Go-Torch) as well as the level of software, machine control and height control, and make and model of Plasma Cutter installed.......which are all important for troubleshooting......my first guess is that the torch voltage and or height offsets are improperly set in the setup parameters. This will be solved quickly on the site.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Comment

Working...
      X