which replacement plasma torch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which replacement plasma torch?

I purchase a Hobart AC/DC TIG Combo machine and the plasma torch is beyond repair. Anyone know either the replacement part number or another torch that will work?

It's a two prone hook up ( as seen on left side )

Thanks
    Jeff

plasma?? you mean TIG.

Try arczone, They are experts on TIG parts, not just salespeople.
    fence and gate shop worker
    At home...
    Lincoln Power MIG 180....
    Winco 6000 watt generator (13 hp Honda) "Big Jake"

Comment

Originally posted by gatemaker View Post
      Try arczone, They are experts on TIG parts, not just salespeople.
      The stick welder works , the TIG welder works but I need a plasma torch. It's a combo machine.

Here's a pic from the CL ad

Comment

an odd machine.

My mistake. I didn't know Hobart marketed such a machine. You are going to have a hard time finding a torch for an older, odd machine. The all in one machines were often mediocre on performance and a can of worms for reliability. Often ended up with a dead plasma or High frequency TIG section. It's possible it was made for Hobart as this was before their reorganization. No resemblance to a miller either. Contact Hobart under "service and support".
        fence and gate shop worker
        At home...
        Lincoln Power MIG 180....
        Winco 6000 watt generator (13 hp Honda) "Big Jake"

Comment

No problem, it's not that common of a machine.

Hopefully I can find something that would work.

Jeff

Comment

If you can get a torch with proper fitting for gas/electrode, and all the problem is two prong plug, change it to something easily found at any electrical parts establishment...

If a "Whatisit" Model # T-PLSCTR or something torch that fits machine electrode fitting get replacement chassis plug for what ever machine/ torch that plug fits...

Dale
            Last edited by Dale M.; 08-01-2015, 12:40 PM.
            "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

Originally posted by Dale M. View Post
              If you can get a torch with proper fitting for gas/electrode, and all the problem is two prong plug, change it to something easily found at any electrical parts establishment...

If a "Whatisit" Model # T-PLSCTR or something torch that fits machine electrode fitting get replacement chassis plug for what ever machine/ torch that plug fits...

Dale
              Brilliant idea ( but so simple )

So I guess a plasma torch with the correct rating should fit my usage.

Thanks for the idea
              Jeff
              Last edited by Jeff in Pa; 08-01-2015, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff in Pa View Post
                Brilliant idea ( but so simple )

So I guess a plasma torch with the correct rating should fit my usage.

Thanks for the idea
                Jeff
                If you google "replacement plasma torches", you will find many knockoffs available, and some companies that will make cable and torch assemblies to order. No guarantee of quality, but you may get something that will work.

Comment

If you could post a picture of the damaged torch that came with it.....some of us will likely recognize the torch. It most likely was a torch made by either Thermal Dynamics or Esab (Ltec or Linde).

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Originally posted by Jeff in Pa View Post
                  I purchase a Hobart AC/DC TIG Combo machine and the plasma torch is beyond repair. Anyone know either the replacement part number or another torch that will work?

It's a two prone hook up ( as seen on left side )

Thanks
                  Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by jimcolt View Post
                    If you could post a picture of the damaged torch that came with it.....some of us will likely recognize the torch. It most likely was a torch made by either Thermal Dynamics or Esab (Ltec or Linde).

Jim Colt Hypertherm
                    Here's some pics of the totally trashed plasma torch. Links under the pictures are full size ( huge )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...2.jpg~original

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...1.jpg~original

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...0.jpg~original

Thank you for your help
                    Jeff

Comment

It might be worth it to contact George's Plasma Cutter Shop in Delaware to see if he can cross it over to a torch that will work. New Hypertherm or Thermal Dynamics torches aren't cheap, but George may have a suitable replacement made by a third party. He also has used items on occasion.

That machine is an odd duck.......didn't know Hobart (once) made a combo rig. But likely not much delicate stuff to break inside it either.

http://www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com/
                      CanoeCruiser
                      Harris dual-stage O/A
                      Lincoln AC/DC buzzbox
                      Hobart IronMan 210
                      Lincoln PowerMig 135
                      Miller 3035 spoolgun
                      Thermal Arc 185
                      Thermadyne Cutmaster 52
                      Angle grinders, vicegrips, the usual suspects
                      Two hands, tired body, not enough time...

Comment

Working...
                      X