price for a powermax 600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• price for a powermax 600

I have an oppertunity to buy a pm600 from a welding shop.
    They want $600 for it. Is that a fair price? Also, is there any in particular I should look for when I demo it?
    Thanks,
    Mike

A 600 may be getting a little old, may want to check the s/n and find a date first. Mine is 15 years old. Good machines though, about $1600 new.
    Walker
    Chief slag chipper & floor sweeper
    Ironwood Artistic

Comment

will do. I was also wondering if a pm600 has the ability to gouge.

Comment

The Powermax600 was produced up until about 5 years ago, replaced with the Powermax45. There were over 55,000 of the Powermax600's sold. $600 for a good working Powermax600 is an excellent price, they usually are in the $900 to $1200 range. The Powermax600 listed for around $2300 new, with a hand torch. It can gouge, although 40 amps output makes it rather slow at this process. You can breathe new life into the 600 by upgrading to the newer Hypertherm Duramax torch, same torch as used on the Powermax65, 85 and 105 systems. Longer consumable life, better cut speeds, better cut quality is the result.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Originally posted by cornerstonebuil View Post
        will do. I was also wondering if a pm600 has the ability to gouge.

Comment

Originally posted by cornerstonebuil View Post
          I have an oppertunity to buy a pm600 from a welding shop.
          They want $600 for it. Is that a fair price? Also, is there any in particular I should look for when I demo it?
          Thanks,
          Mike
          Make sure the torch is in good condition and it cuts well. I'd take a small piece of plate with you, and some sheet steel - gives you a range.

If it works well - merry xmas cause they are giving you a GIFT for $600.
          HH190
          Hypertherm 380

Comment

Thanks guys:
            They have plenty of scrap in that shop that iI can play around with. I just want to make sure I am getting a fair deal. The problems with some older stuff is if you buy it, then replace the torch and shortly down the road it needs some repair I could be into it more than the cost of a new machine.
            Mike

Comment

Working...
            X