Issues with Thermal Dynamics CutMaster 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with Thermal Dynamics CutMaster 50

It's my partners machine, he purchased it several years prior to me becoming involved. The unit has been very well taken care of since new and has seen limited light usage. About a month ago the ****ed thing just stopped arcing, hit the trigger and the air still kicks on but no arc what so ever. Other friend owns an electronic/motor repair shop (that fixes welders) so he had a look and couldn't find anything wrong with it. Took it to LWS and they sent it out to a place that specializes in welder repair. Once they finally got around to looking at it (4 weeks ) the repair shop said it was the motherboard and quoted me at 500.00

My buddy who owns the electronic/motor repair shop found the motherboard for 175.00 and believes that he can repair it but is concerned that it could just be a diode or something small on the board. We don't just want to throw money at it and even at 500.00 I feel that it is almost logical to just replace the unit.

Anyone here have any simular issues ? What route did you go ? Common issue(s) with the Thermal Dynamics units ?
    God Bless America

[

Anyone ????????
    God Bless America

[

Comment

You sure this isn't a cutmaster 51?
      I have had a cutmaster 52 for over 2 years and it has been worked very hard.
      It has been a solid cutter, never had an issue with it.
      Lincoln Idealarc 250
      Miller Bobcat 250
      Thermal arc Hefty 2 feeder
      Thermal Dynamics Cusmaster 52
      Torchmate CNC Table

Comment

Originally posted by arcdawg View Post
        It's my partners machine, he purchased it several years prior to me becoming involved. The unit has been very well taken care of since new and has seen limited light usage. About a month ago the ****ed thing just stopped arcing, hit the trigger and the air still kicks on but no arc what so ever. Other friend owns an electronic/motor repair shop (that fixes welders) so he had a look and couldn't find anything wrong with it. Took it to LWS and they sent it out to a place that specializes in welder repair. Once they finally got around to looking at it (4 weeks ) the repair shop said it was the motherboard and quoted me at 500.00

My buddy who owns the electronic/motor repair shop found the motherboard for 175.00 and believes that he can repair it but is concerned that it could just be a diode or something small on the board. We don't just want to throw money at it and even at 500.00 I feel that it is almost logical to just replace the unit.

Anyone here have any simular issues ? What route did you go ? Common issue(s) with the Thermal Dynamics units ?
        Can't answer your questions, but some members report good service with repair of board problems with this company, and their prices seem reasonable.

http://innovatcorp.com/services

Comment

Working...
        X