X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln Procut 55 Problem

Lincoln Procut 55 - No Arc Start or Pilot Arc
    High Voltage present at handle
    Air Pressure okay with almost 70psi measured at handle, no water or oil contamination visible.
    Air solenoid in handle has 12 volts and does click
    There is airflow when trigger is depressed. I can also feel air coming from the back of the nozzle into the handle. All air and electrical connections are tight. The nozzle is free to move when manually pushed but doesn't move from air pressure giving the click I used to feel when working.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Not familiar with your make of plasma cutter, but my Hypertherm is smarter than I am. When similar problems arise it is usually because I've installed one of the parts in the cutting head as a mismatch to the rest of the part in the head...fine cut nozzle with a regular cut set of parts, etc. There have been times that I looked at the pieces for several minutes before finding which part mismatched. Only takes the Hypertherm a millisecond to figure out the same problem.

Occasionally, the plasma will also experience a like problem as yours. Both times its happened I've unplugged the machine from the power, waited 5-10 minutes and plugged the machine back in again. Worked fine afterwards...sort of like re-booting your computer when all else fails. May have just been luck on my parts as well. Also, each occurance happened after the machine had set unused for awhile. Take a look at your parts and try the re-boot...neither will cost you anything but a bit of time.

Best of luck.
    Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. Tried the reboot a number of times with no success. Unit did work the day before with no problem. Also changed the consumables with new from the same package. No luck.

Thanks again...

Comment

I have a TD, my experiences are much like Wyoming's ... if it doesn't work, usually my fault, not the machine's. Also not familiar with your particular cutter, but mine is especially sensitive to having the cup screwed down too loose or too tight.

Are you running this off an engine drive or shore power? I was having trouble about a year ago, trying to run off a TB301. Before doing anything radical, plugged it into three Lincoln engine drives, and shore power, worked fine. Try plugging into a different power source before taking a hammer to it.
        *** Disclaimer ***

As I have no wish to toy with anybody's life, I suggest you take this and all other posts with a certain amount of skepticism. Carefully evaluate, and if necessary, research on your own any suggestions or advice you might pick up here, especially those from my posts, as I obviously haven't the skill and experience exhibited by some of the more illustrious and more successful members of this forum. I'm not responsible for anything I say, as I drank toxic water when young.

Comment

Running from commercial power in the shop. The Lincoln is also touchy about how tight or loose the cap is but that causes a trouble light on the machine. Something else going on here. I need to know where to hit it and how hard!
          Thanks.....

Comment

Try checking your ground connection as well. Simple miss. Also, while I know you said you checked consumables, do yourself a favor and get out the factory parts diagram and go through them one more time...I've thought I had everything in perfect order with no mismatches before, until I checked parts numbers...darned consumables look so much alike, but won't play well with each other.
            Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

Thanks Wyoming, good suggestions and I appreciate them.

Comment

Working...
              X