Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KISS cart

The base is a HF small mover's dolly

So far so good...looks like it's open to future mods.

It also looks like an upside-down bar stool

Cheers,

John

Comment

There's (GASP!) WOOD on it!!!

Comment

Hey Rocky,

Here's my plasma cart. Notice no wood.

At the back of the cart I mounted the combo coalescing filter and the desiccant dryer. These feed to the Hypertherm filter which is mounted to the 1250. What's not shown is the Binks (paint grade) hurricane filter which is mounted at the end of my hard piping and downstream of the regulator for the plasma supply.

I feed the system with 1/2" hose with 3/8" fittings. I think the 1/2' hose gives better flow than the standard 1/4" airhose.
        SundownIII

Syncrowave 250DX, Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200 DX w/CM 3
        MM 251 w/30 A SG
        HH 187 Mig
        XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Pulser
        Dialarc 250 w/HF 15-1
        Hypertherm PM 1250 Plasma
        Victor, Harris, and Smith O/A
        PC Dry Cut Saw and (just added) Wilton (7x12) BS
        Mil Mod 6370-21 Metal Cut Saw
        More grinders than hands (Makita & Dewalt)
        Grizzly 6"x48" Belt Sander
        Access to full fab shop w/CNC Plasma & Waterjet
        Gas mixers (Smith(2) and Thermco)
        Miller BWE and BWE Dig

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky D View Post
          There's (GASP!) WOOD on it!!!
          Easy, Rocky...Sit down and take a whiff or two of arc fumes...Yeah, I saw that, and wondered if he'd slip past "The Inspectors"....I also thought it looked like an upside down bar stool!! I'm concerned that its height to width is quite high, so no heavy equipment should be placed on the top (tippy)...
          Last edited by Hotfoot; 12-22-2008, 09:21 PM.
          "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

Originally posted by SundownIII View Post
            Hey Rocky,

Here's my plasma cart. Notice no wood.

At the back of the cart I mounted the combo coalescing filter and the desiccant dryer. These feed to the Hypertherm filter which is mounted to the 1250. What's not shown is the Binks (paint grade) hurricane filter which is mounted at the end of my hard piping and downstream of the regulator for the plasma supply.

I feed the system with 1/2" hose with 3/8" fittings. I think the 1/2' hose gives better flow than the standard 1/4" airhose.
            Nicely done SD3...was there a reason for so many filters, or are ya just making sure. I know, the dryer the air, the better the cut...and it looks like you got it down.

Comment

Rocky,

Here along the coast in VA, it gets really humid in the summer months. Each filter serves a separate purpose. Also got a Motorgard (used to use with my PM600) that I can put in line if necessary. Don't think I'll need it though.

The Binks does a good job. Done a lot of painting with that filter and never had a problem with moisture in the air.

With plasma, the cleaner/dryer the air, the longer the consumable life. The 1250 is really good with consumables and I attribute some of that to the fact that it gets good air. It's a great machine and deserves to be "fed" correctly.

Anyone who does a bit of plasma cutting in the shop may want to take a look at the grate (in the .75" cut link) sitting on top of a 55 gal drum. I knocked that out in a couple hours one afternoon. The grates themselves were cut from 1/8" plate and are removable/replaceable as needed (due to cutting). An inch or so of water in the bottom of the drum makes cleanup a lot easier.
              Last edited by SundownIII; 12-22-2008, 11:21 PM. Reason: addition
              SundownIII

Syncrowave 250DX, Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200 DX w/CM 3
              MM 251 w/30 A SG
              HH 187 Mig
              XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Pulser
              Dialarc 250 w/HF 15-1
              Hypertherm PM 1250 Plasma
              Victor, Harris, and Smith O/A
              PC Dry Cut Saw and (just added) Wilton (7x12) BS
              Mil Mod 6370-21 Metal Cut Saw
              More grinders than hands (Makita & Dewalt)
              Grizzly 6"x48" Belt Sander
              Access to full fab shop w/CNC Plasma & Waterjet
              Gas mixers (Smith(2) and Thermco)
              Miller BWE and BWE Dig

Comment

Working...
              X